The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Is Science good at Lancaster?

I applied for Natural Sciences and got an unconditional which I'm super excited about
I know it's a highly ranked university but it's not Russel group and I'm worried that the university might not be as good for science as the my other choices.
Would employers respect a natsci degree from Lancaster as much as a Russel group one? Are the science facilities good? What about the professors?
Don't worry about it not being a Russell group- Russell group unis are just large research-intensive unis whereas Lancaster is a smaller uni.
I can only speak for biological sciences but I think the course is good. The labs are quite new and up-to-date so that's good. It is easy to get help during practicals as well. Do you have any more specific questions? I will do my best to answer.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
It isn't true that employers will hold a degree from a non Russel group in a lower regard then? Sorry if I'm being nitpicky it's just that I'm a worrier
Well the Russell Group are all good unis, but there are also other good unis outside the Russell Group including Lancaster.
An employer probably won't have memorised all the unis in the Russell Group, and assume that those unis are all better than non-Russell Group.
Reply 4
that's true, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending