The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Cosmopolitan Manchester Halls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
hey guys !
urgent !
need to know how good cosmopolitan really is .
have not found a place to stay yet and am starting to get a little worried.
my course starts sept 21st.
am seriously considering dis place so would really like info of any kind that would help me decide !thanks !:smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 381
Hi guys

i was wondering about the 2 Bedroom Apartment (Shared Bathroom) if they where both single rooms or if one was a double.

thanks

KB
Reply 382
Original post by MR_BAUER
Hi guys

i was wondering about the 2 Bedroom Apartment (Shared Bathroom) if they where both single rooms or if one was a double.

thanks

KB

One is a single, the other is a double.
Anybody currently at Cosmopolitan halls that has any form of advice whether to go here or not would be really helpful, I've been looking online at it and I'm also going to call in tomorrow to physically see it.

And also anybody who is thinking of applying for Cosmopolitan interested in sharing one of the flats so we'd atleast know each other before going in? I'm looking for someone laid back, enjoys nights out and can actually be responsible for cleaning up after themselves (so many student kitchens look horrific because no one cleans up).

cheers

joe
Reply 384
Been living at Cosmo now for 2 year's - Will be a 3rd year next year. It is what you make it, some people have complained that it isnt a party atmosphere (parties every weekend etc) - however to make it fun, you need to put some effort in.

I like it, its good for the price - And the staff are quick to sort out any issues and its close to the city centre. I would recommend it.
Reply 385
im moving in in september to cosmo manchester ive got a single room but i wander who has the double sharing with me! i cant wait to meet them.
Reply 386
hello there,

I have an offer from cosmo in manchester and i need to take some quick decisions! :wink:
My questions are:
Is there any internet limitation in cosmo , like not using p2p or torrent programs or maximum transfer size?
The utility bills are included in the rent price right?
If i want to stay a little longer than my 50 weeks contract how much will it cost me (on a daily basis)?

Thank you, hope u can help me! :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by MGS
Been living at Cosmo now for 2 year's - Will be a 3rd year next year. It is what you make it, some people have complained that it isnt a party atmosphere (parties every weekend etc) - however to make it fun, you need to put some effort in.

I like it, its good for the price - And the staff are quick to sort out any issues and its close to the city centre. I would recommend it.

hey , i wana know more about cosmo .... r they do any welcom or freser party in cosmo or any group party in cosmo like what kind of fun u had dar and what is the way to meet new people in cosmo ...because i found they dont have game room or common room...

just to know more ....thanks.. :smile:
Reply 388
Hey,

They do not have any games rooms or common rooms - however, people do arrange freshers parties and group parties etc. The thing I will say is this is accommodation so it is what you make of it, cosmo's job is to house use students, nothing more - then its up to us to sort our social life out.

Dan
Reply 389
I'm moving into Cosmo on Grafton Street this september :smile: allocated my room, really excited!
Is anyone else definitely moving in this year? Would like to get a facebook group going but you have to add friends to start a group and don't know anyone yet!

Lara
(edited 12 years ago)
Im looking at either the salford or preston one 8)

Any pics of the en suites??? They seem to be not available at all
Original post by L27
I'm moving into Cosmo on Grafton Street this september :smile: allocated my room, really excited!
Is anyone else definitely moving in this year? Would like to get a facebook group going but you have to add friends to start a group and don't know anyone yet!

Lara

Hey I'm moving there too :biggrin: What type of flat you going to be in :biggrin:

I'd like to do the FB group too :smile: x
Original post by larryj
im moving in in september to cosmo manchester ive got a single room but i wander who has the double sharing with me! i cant wait to meet them.

Hey are you going to be in a 2 bed flat?? Cos i am with my bf but we are dead worried we won't actually meet anyone else :s-smilie: What floor you going to be on? :smile:
Reply 393
hello!
i would like to ask if all rooms are shared type at Cosmopolitan Manchester Halls. does it have something like a studio??
thanks
Original post by xenios
hello!
i would like to ask if all rooms are shared type at Cosmopolitan Manchester Halls. does it have something like a studio??
thanks

No cosmo doesn't do a studio, the smallest they do is a shared two bedroomed flat with a shared bathroom
Reply 395
So what do you think about Cosmo then? Are those bathrooms that awful or do they work properly, even when shared by two? I mean, there isn't even a window..
How's the internet stuff and the single rooms? And isn't there any chance to have a sort of common place where people are meeting others and so?

I really can't make a decision about the whole place!
Reply 396
anyone know if theres a facebook group to find out who your living with in cosmo:smile: xx
Reply 397
Original post by blondeprincess
Hey I'm moving there too :biggrin: What type of flat you going to be in :biggrin:

I'd like to do the FB group too :smile: x

I'm definatley moving in too :smile: let me know if you do a fb group!xx
Original post by imrose1
anyone know if theres a facebook group to find out who your living with in cosmo:smile: xx

Yeah there is :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/cosmomanchester
Reply 399

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending