The Student Room Group

Offered an apprenticeship but employer now blanking me?

ytSo, for those interested this apprenticeship is under "Hospitality Services"
I'm currently working on a zero hour contract for another restaurant, so I know that if I get this opportunity, I have the experience.

So, I applied for the role on Nov 7th, then actually getting an interview last Thursday (19th Nov). Everything seems fine, only a few other candidates at the interview, and I'm last to be interviewed. At the end of which the hiring manager offers me the apprenticeship straight up, there's 3 being recruited and I'm lucky enough to be one of them.
I know that, even if I don't go to university (I'm 18, and have a deferred entry for next year), that I'm likely to go into this field of work, knowing that there's progression into management. I accepted, on the spot, and was asked to go home and email him asking for a contract of employment (it's worth noting by the time of my interview it's now 8pm).

I did that, and waited a day or two before he emails me a contract which he said he'd get to me by Monday at the latest. I received an email, with a contract on Friday, but here's the hitch:- it's blank.

Like, it's okay because I have a solid contract, but there's no details even though I know my hours, roughly 37.5HR/PW and my pay (apprenticeship wage), £3.30/PH but I can't sign it because it's not filled in, and I can't then accept a blank contract and leave/hand in my notice at my current place of work.

I emailed him back, on Friday evening saying the details are fine etc etc, except there's nothing filled in, would he like me to come in and sign it, or send over a full copy? This was Friday, it's Tuesday now. I'm not impatient, but his first email was quick to reply and I'm aware not everyone sits by their PC all day but I'd expect a reply by now.

So, knowing I want this opening, but I've still not got a response, what are my options? I've personally thought if I've not heard by tomorrow to ring up but I'm not sure, I dont want to leave it and miss out if that makes sense. Anyone whose been in a similar situation or anyone with a good idea what to do, post it below.

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
ring him up that way he can't worm his way out of answering your questions, or try HR.
Reply 2
Original post by digitalangel18
ring him up that way he can't worm his way out of answering your questions, or try HR.

I'd held that one off, I was afraid of being a bit pesty, but I suppose that's the best option when email doesn't work, and it's different knowing I was actually offered the role.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending