The Student Room Group

Best restaurant for NACHOS is...??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hevachan
I need nachos... good nachos!! Where should I go??

Barburrito! I've found their nachos to be very nice, mainly because you can have them topped with a load of awesome stuff! :biggrin:
Original post by So Instinct
Most places do average af Nachos imo. Subway (though their squeezy cheese is nice), Pizza Hut, Chaquitos (nice salsa though), Harvesters were nice but not consistent with the cheese. Benito’s Hat and Loco Mexicano were good but they're only in Central London and I only ever tried them once.

Best to go home made imo. Buy some salsa sauce and add more diced onion+tomato, bake the nachos/Doritos with Mozzarella mixed in and on top. Easy, I like to drizzle a bit of Franks Red Hot sauce on it too and add some shredded meat but that's up to the individual.

damn son. You're making me nachos one day.
Reply 22
Original post by Inexorably
You can have salsa with it and jalapeños (that's the default so if you don't want jalapeños/salsa/cheese then say so).

Just checked, £1.59 not £1.50.

APOLOGIES IF YOU END UP NOT LIKING THEM.

I'm a risk taker!!! :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Indeterminate
Barburrito! I've found their nachos to be very nice, mainly because you can have them topped with a load of awesome stuff! :biggrin:

OMG I've been meaning to go there for years xD I love burritos and nachos!!!!!! Thanks for the recommendation... I'm going to try all the nachos xD
Subway NACHOS are the best i think :biggrin:
Reply 25
Chimichanga.
Reply 26
You can have salsa with it and jalapeños (that's the default so if you don't want jalapeños/salsa/cheese then say so).

Just checked, £1.59 not £1.50.

APOLOGIES IF YOU END UP NOT LIKING THEM.

I went subway today... all excited.. cash in hand.. 'nachos please ' I said... 'we don't sell them here'

Noooooooooo :frown: so upset!!!
I went subway today... all excited.. cash in hand.. 'nachos please ' I said... 'we don't sell them here'

rekted XD sorry

Awh :frown: Any other Subways near you that might have them?
[scrollr]:banana: Cheeky Nandos :banana: [/scrollr]
Reply 30
Awh :frown: Any other Subways near you that might have them?

Broke my heart :frown: I will try next time I'm in Liverpool... I've decided to go to nandos and try theirs tomorrow to make up for it xD
I was going to say "a Mexican restaurant". but then I remembered that "authentic" Mexican nachos always use that awful liquid cheese slop.

So actually, I would recommend a student bar, because there they will give you proper melted cheddar.

Or make them at home. purchase:

a bag of unflavoured nachos.
a block of cheddar
a load of cherry tomatoes
some chillis
an avocado or two
some sour cream
some beef/quorn mince

also salt and pepper to taste. maybe some vinegar for the salsa.
Original post by So Instinct
Most places do average af Nachos imo. Subway (though their squeezy cheese is nice), Pizza Hut, Chaquitos (nice salsa though), Harvesters were nice but not consistent with the cheese. Benito’s Hat and Loco Mexicano were good but they're only in Central London and I only ever tried them once.

Best to go home made imo. Buy some salsa sauce and add more diced onion+tomato, bake the nachos/Doritos with Mozzarella mixed in and on top. Easy, I like to drizzle a bit of Franks Red Hot sauce on it too and add some shredded meat but that's up to the individual.

Salsa homemade ftw. Have a recipe somewhere think its roasted tomato and garlic in the oven, onion then a bit of seasoning (chilli powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, onion granules, black pepper, chilli flakes, oregano, paprika, salt) and put it in a pestle & mortar and mash up.

Also for hot sauce you ever had Cholula? And if you can find it, Tapatio. Mexican hot sauces are ****ing banging.

Quick Reply

Latest