The Student Room Group

Why is she being extra nice to me all of a sudden?

So I asked a girl out and got rejected. But for some reason she's suddenly started acting really nice towards me whenever we see each other. It's making it particularly hard for me to get her out of my head. I'm starting to feel like I should avoid her, but I'm not sure how I would even do this since we're in the same class. Does anyone have any idea why she might be behaving this way?
She might not love you romantically, but she still values you as a friend. And she's acting nice to you so that you don't get mad at her or very sad and embarrassed taht you stop talking to her.

She still wants to be friends
She wants the diddly.
Reply 3
I can't make a totally-true comment with an outsider's perspective to the scenario, but I'll second what the gent Starvation13 just said.

She sounds to me a nice girl, and though she isn't attracted to you as a partner or isn't interested in a relationship in general at the moment: that doesn't mean she never wants to associate with you again. A rejection isn't the be-all and end-all. I'll presume you were friends before, but whatever the case - a rejection can be awkward to be sure, but do try to remember that the other isn't often like to dislike you or be disgusted at you simply for popping the question.

She's perhaps noticed the fact you've already been trying to keep some distance or 'put aside' her, and is making an effort to mend that without actually having to... you know, literally tell you to stop stressing out about things.

Put aside the idea of a relationship with her, for a long while at least - and I know that can be hard, really difficult - but please try not to take the route of dodging her as a person and friend to boot. That just unduly hurts her and you, and it's not a necessary result of what happened no matter what people might have you believe! :biggrin:

Whatever you decide to do, though, I hope you manage to get yourself into a good frame of mind about this as soon as possible, since beating yourself up on things is always fairly inadvisable. :wink:
Original post by Shotte
I can't make a totally-true comment with an outsider's perspective to the scenario, but I'll second what the gent Starvation13 just said.

She sounds to me a nice girl, and though she isn't attracted to you as a partner or isn't interested in a relationship in general at the moment: that doesn't mean she never wants to associate with you again. A rejection isn't the be-all and end-all. I'll presume you were friends before, but whatever the case - a rejection can be awkward to be sure, but do try to remember that the other isn't often like to dislike you or be disgusted at you simply for popping the question.

She's perhaps noticed the fact you've already been trying to keep some distance or 'put aside' her, and is making an effort to mend that without actually having to... you know, literally tell you to stop stressing out about things.

Put aside the idea of a relationship with her, for a long while at least - and I know that can be hard, really difficult - but please try not to take the route of dodging her as a person and friend to boot. That just unduly hurts her and you, and it's not a necessary result of what happened no matter what people might have you believe! :biggrin:

Whatever you decide to do, though, I hope you manage to get yourself into a good frame of mind about this as soon as possible, since beating yourself up on things is always fairly inadvisable. :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to write that lol, I couldn't be bothered so I kept it short :lol;

@OP -- Yeah what he said^^
I am going through the exact same thing but role reversal I am female, I asked him out and he rejected me. He's been very friendly and caring and it's confusing me and making me feel deeper feelings for him. I don't want to ignore him either as I don't want to seem bitter.

Part of me wonders if such behaviour is a way of trying to keep you on reserve (look up orbiter). It could also be that she feels guilty so is being extra nice. I don't know but damn it hurts!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending