The Student Room Group

How Do I Ask Him Out

Hey,
So I am very good friends with this guy at uni, we do the same course, have the same friends and see each other often. Everyone used to tease us about us being together and I used to laugh it off but now I think I really like him. I've never asked a boy out and I'm scared of rejection to be honest. I don't want it to spoil the friendship and I'm almost certain he has not idea I like him. I've recently gotten very shy around him and since beginning to like him I never know what to say and act like a complete idiot around him. I'm very rude to him for no reason because I dont know how to deal with my emotions.

Ive decided I want to tell him I like him, but i don't know how. I also don't want a relationship atm but really want to see him. Help
1. Stop being rude to him. You don't want to be sending him mixed signals.

2. Flirt with him.

3. Ask him if he wants to do something that involves you two being alone. Dinner at a restaurant may be too formal.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
1. Stop being rude to him. You don't want to be sending him mixed signals.

2. Flirt with him.

3. Ask him if he wants to do something that involves you two being alone. Dinner at a restaurant may be too formal.

I'm working on the being rude thing but I literally have no idea how to flirt. I just don't get it. I'm not flirty in any type of way :frown:.
I've tried to do stuff with him in the past but my housemates always tag along so its difficult for me to be 100% on my own with him
Original post by Anonymous
I'm working on the being rude thing but I literally have no idea how to flirt. I just don't get it. I'm not flirty in any type of way :frown:.
I've tried to do stuff with him in the past but my housemates always tag along so its difficult for me to be 100% on my own with him

Maybe be slightly suggestive, or laugh at his jokes, touch his arm when he says something funny, if you can smell what shampoo he's used or cologne then lean in close and smell it, that kind of stuff.

Try to keep organising things to just the two of you. If they find out then put your foot down and/or say that you'd like for it to be just the two of you.
try tell him you like him in private?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending