The Student Room Group

want to change my course, already have offers

I have 4/5 offers from the university of nottingham, sussex, newcastle and east anglia to do psychology however i have decided i do not want to do this course. What should i do? Is there any way the universities would allow me to change my course? (dont apply without knowing what you want to do for sure guys!!)
Reply 1
I don't thik you can change your subject as you have already got your respons from the universitis...
What subject do you want to do now? And why have you change your mind abut psychology?
PS: It is best if you explain the situation to the Universitis and see what they say
Reply 2
Original post by Eda2
I have 4/5 offers from the university of nottingham, sussex, newcastle and east anglia to do psychology however i have decided i do not want to do this course. What should i do? Is there any way the universities would allow me to change my course? (dont apply without knowing what you want to do for sure guys!!)

Are you happy with the universities you have chosen, and do they all offer the new course? If so, you need to email them all and ask if you can change courses. They don't have to agree, but can agree to consider you if they want.

If the new course is vastly different then you can consider writing a new personal statement and sending to them by email - you won't be able to change the one on ucas.

You can only have applied recently, though, so make sure you're definitely happy with the new course before doing anything.
Original post by Eda2

Do you mind if I ask what course you've changed your mind to? Just out of curiosity :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by emiloujess
Do you mind if I ask what course you've changed your mind to? Just out of curiosity :tongue:

im not decided yet but maybe politics with history haha its a pretty drastic change
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
Are you happy with the universities you have chosen, and do they all offer the new course? If so, you need to email them all and ask if you can change courses. They don't have to agree, but can agree to consider you if they want.

If the new course is vastly different then you can consider writing a new personal statement and sending to them by email - you won't be able to change the one on ucas.

You can only have applied recently, though, so make sure you're definitely happy with the new course before doing anything.

thank you so much! I'm going to look properly into my new course before i do anything, this time I've learnt my lesson haha. :smile: and i think most of the universities do the course (politics/ politics with history)
Reply 6
Original post by AlexA12
I don't thik you can change your subject as you have already got your respons from the universitis...
What subject do you want to do now? And why have you change your mind abut psychology?
PS: It is best if you explain the situation to the Universitis and see what they say

thank you :smile:
Original post by Eda2
im not decided yet but maybe politics with history haha its a pretty drastic change

You're kidding, right? :eek: That's almost exactly the change I made! I wanted to do Psychology but ended up applying for various Politics Joint Honours courses :smile:
Reply 8
You're kidding, right? :eek: That's almost exactly the change I made! I wanted to do Psychology but ended up applying for various Politics Joint Honours courses :smile:

omg that so weird! what did you do to change and how did you find the course? :smile:
Original post by Eda2
omg that so weird! what did you do to change and how did you find the course? :smile:

Well I was repeating year 12 at the time and changed my mind literally overnight. I hadn't applied yet so it didn't stress me out too much that'd I'd completely changed. The upsetting thing was that my favourite university didn't do Politics as a course at all... :frown:

I think you misunderstood me; I'm not yet at University. Still stuck in year 13 haha :biggrin: But I applied to Cardiff (x2), Aberystwyth, Birmingham and Swansea. I've firmed Cardiff for Social Analytics & Politics and insured Aberystwyth for International Politics & Intelligence Studies (early, I know. But I knew before I even applied that it was going to be those two)
Reply 10
Well I was repeating year 12 at the time and changed my mind literally overnight. I hadn't applied yet so it didn't stress me out too much that'd I'd completely changed. The upsetting thing was that my favourite university didn't do Politics as a course at all... :frown:

I think you misunderstood me; I'm not yet at University. Still stuck in year 13 haha :biggrin: But I applied to Cardiff (x2), Aberystwyth, Birmingham and Swansea. I've firmed Cardiff for Social Analytics & Politics and insured Aberystwyth for International Politics & Intelligence Studies (early, I know. But I knew before I even applied that it was going to be those two)

ahh right :smile: well at least you hadnt applied yet thats lucky, and those unis sound really good so its pretty sick that youve got 5 offers already (since youve firmed and you need 5 offers to do that right). Well done :smile:
Original post by Eda2
ahh right :smile: well at least you hadnt applied yet thats lucky, and those unis sound really good so its pretty sick that youve got 5 offers already (since youve firmed and you need 5 offers to do that right). Well done :smile:

Trust me, I was shocked on the second AS Results Day I had when I found out I could even apply to Cardiff :colondollar: I got EEUU the first time and ABC (7UMS total off AAB) the second time. Now I need ABB... but Psych A2 is HORRIFIC! *cries*
Reply 12
Trust me, I was shocked on the second AS Results Day I had when I found out I could even apply to Cardiff :colondollar: I got EEUU the first time and ABC (7UMS total off AAB) the second time. Now I need ABB... but Psych A2 is HORRIFIC! *cries*

wow that change is amazing haha! omg a2 psychology is actual death, i do aqa b aswell its so hard :frown: but I'm sure you can do it haha, just think of Cardiff uni to motivate you :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Eda2
thank you so much! I'm going to look properly into my new course before i do anything, this time I've learnt my lesson haha. :smile: and i think most of the universities do the course (politics/ politics with history)

With history, you need to research the course carefully. They could focus on medieval history or more modern - my sister did a module called "helping stones to speak". So whilst they might do the course it might not be the areas you want it to be.
Original post by Eda2
wow that change is amazing haha! omg a2 psychology is actual death, i do aqa b aswell its so hard :frown: but I'm sure you can do it haha, just think of Cardiff uni to motivate you :smile:

It was only one of the same subjects as well :smile: I'm on OCR Psych, the amount of studies we have to remember is insane! I've got the essay structure nailed (according to my amazing teacher) but I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING! :frown:

I'll try. Though I love Aberystwyth almost as much and I'd get good work experience either way so it wouldn't completely break my heart if I did end up there.... I'd prefer Cardiff though :tongue:

Which other subjects are you doing? (sorry for completely changing the subject of this thread! :colondollar: )
Reply 15
Original post by Juno
With history, you need to research the course carefully. They could focus on medieval history or more modern - my sister did a module called "helping stones to speak". So whilst they might do the course it might not be the areas you want it to be.

ahh thanks for the warning :smile:
Reply 16
It was only one of the same subjects as well :smile: I'm on OCR Psych, the amount of studies we have to remember is insane! I've got the essay structure nailed (according to my amazing teacher) but I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING! :frown:

I'll try. Though I love Aberystwyth almost as much and I'd get good work experience either way so it wouldn't completely break my heart if I did end up there.... I'd prefer Cardiff though :tongue:

Which other subjects are you doing? (sorry for completely changing the subject of this thread! :colondollar: )

i knoww the amount of studies in psychology are ridiculous! aha i dont blame you cardiff does seem great. I do psychology english literatures and philosophy :smile:
Original post by Eda2
i knoww the amount of studies in psychology are ridiculous! aha i dont blame you cardiff does seem great. I do psychology english literatures and philosophy :smile:

Which exam board for Psych? Please tell me it's OCR :redface:

I fell in love with Cardiff :love: Though it still hurts just a little that I can't go to Bangor. But the University and the course is great so I can't ask for more. Plus I'll get work experience with my party whether I go to Aber or Cardiff!

My other subjects are Sociology and Film Studies :smile:
Reply 18
Which exam board for Psych? Please tell me it's OCR :redface:

I fell in love with Cardiff :love: Though it still hurts just a little that I can't go to Bangor. But the University and the course is great so I can't ask for more. Plus I'll get work experience with my party whether I go to Aber or Cardiff!

My other subjects are Sociology and Film Studies :smile:

no its aqa :frown: and work experience sounds ace haha :smile:
Original post by Eda2
no its aqa :frown: and work experience sounds ace haha :smile:

Damn :frown: and yeah really looking forward to it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending