The Student Room Group

Do girls notice when a guy is flirting/attracted?

Or is it as difficult to notice it as us guys?

I've read that women do notice it quickly, but I'm not sure...

Girls, how would you react if a guy you didn't like was touching you on the thigh and arm?

What about a guy you're interested in?

Scroll to see replies

Flirting can be obvious and other times it can't. I'd say most girls flirt subtly compared to guys.
it differs, some girls notice it like a sixth sense, others, like me, are always completely oblivious

Answer to the second question, I think the answer is obvious for any girl who's in a situation where they're getting unwanted physical contact..
(edited 8 years ago)
Depends on how obvious they make it tbh...flirting generally is obvious but it's more difficult to tell when someone is just attracted to you because they could be trying very hard to hide it (wanting to get rid of the crush or for whatever other reason)...

Also, like guys, a lot of girls love attention from the person they like and get creeped out by attention (if it's a little too much) from guys they don't...
Arm is ok, but the thigh? :undefined:lolwut
who lets someone touch their thigh regardless of whether you're attracted to them or not :rofl:

I never know when a guy I like is attracted to me, flirting p'haps

I notice it automatically with guys I don't like though
mmmm ayy lmao, dem thigh touches r fire :sexface:
Reply 7
Original post by meediaabid
it differs, some girls notice it like a sixth sense, others, like me, are always completely oblivious

Answer to the second question, I think the answer is obvious for any girl who's in a situation where they're getting unwanted physical contact..

So what about if she just doesn't move and doesn't avoid you?
Reply 8
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Arm is ok, but the thigh? :lolwut:

Well I'm very attracted to her and it just happened after she made me laugh?
Reply 9
Original post by thecatwithnohat
who lets someone touch their thigh regardless of whether you're attracted to them or not :rofl:

I never know when a guy I like is attracted to me, flirting p'haps

I notice it automatically with guys I don't like though

Are you saying she in someway different or weird, just because she let someone touch her thigh??
Original post by Biryani007
Depends on how obvious they make it tbh...flirting generally is obvious but it's more difficult to tell when someone is just attracted to you because they could be trying very hard to hide it (wanting to get rid of the crush or for whatever other reason)...

Also, like guys, a lot of girls love attention from the person they like and get creeped out by attention (if it's a little too much) from guys they don't...

Well I usually make it very obvious what my intentions are. So I was just wondering why she would let me touch her thigh?

I mean most of the girls here reckon touching her thigh is too much or weird or whatever, so if she didn't like me that way wouldn't she have pulled away? I don't know ...
Original post by Anonymous
So what about if she just doesn't move and doesn't avoid you?

ah, if she consents to it then its fine but verbal agreement is really.. helpful haha, but unsolicited physical contact will not end well, and vice versa
Are you saying she in someway different or weird, just because she let someone touch her thigh??

Usually the arm or hand is the go-to physical place to get across that you like someone (while flirting ofc)

She must've been really comfortable with you to let you touch her thigh
i notice it so quickly - it's like I have a freaking flirt radar or something
i have a friend who is COMPLETELY clueless like - NO IDEA if you're flirting or talking normally haha
so it depends

also if some dude i didn't like started touching me i'd slap him
and if i did like him i'd be like well hello there :colone:
ah, if she consents to it then its fine but verbal agreement is really.. helpful haha, but unsolicited physical contact will not end well, and vice versa

Verbal consent to touch someone? Yeah... that's like asking verbal consent to kiss a girl.

If she moves away, that's a no.
Now it takes skill to flirt subtly. I wouldn't say that everyone could do it...
i notice it so quickly - it's like I have a freaking flirt radar or something
i have a friend who is COMPLETELY clueless like - NO IDEA if you're flirting or talking normally haha
so it depends

also if some dude i didn't like started touching me i'd slap him
and if i did like him i'd be like well hello there :colone:

So you wouldn't move away?

I'm struggling to figure out if she likes me or not :frown:
unsolicited physical contact will not end well, and vice versa

Really? I'll sometimes touch a girl's arm / shoulder as I'm talking to them... like if we're drunk and in a club or something. I've had girls do the same to me, and under sober circumstances
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Usually the arm or hand is the go-to physical place to get across that you like someone (while flirting ofc)

She must've been really comfortable with you to let you touch her thigh

How can someone be so comfortable with another after the first proper interaction. She first caught my eye about a week ago, but we've only properly spoken once and that was Friday? :s-smilie:
Well I usually make it very obvious what my intentions are. So I was just wondering why she would let me touch her thigh?

I mean most of the girls here reckon touching her thigh is too much or weird or whatever, so if she didn't like me that way wouldn't she have pulled away? I don't know ...

Lol thigh is too much...she may be used to getting thigh touches so thought nothing of it or she may really like you :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending