The Student Room Group

Education system in finland

Hi

I am a sixth form student currently studying A Level Maths, Physics & Chemistry - I am also in the middle of my Individual Investigation for (compulsory) Welsh Bacc - my title being "Finland has a more successful education system than Wales" - I have questionnaires that I have handed out to students and staff at my school but need the same questionnaire handed to students/staff in Finland ........ anyone out there who could help with contacts in ANY Finnish comprehensive school (that hopefully speak English??) - the questionnaires are anonymous and do not ask for any personal/contact details. I have contacted a couple of organisations that I have found online (clutching at straws really) but as of yet, I've had no replies ... possibly due to the language barrier (could of thought this out a bit better at the start and maybe compared it with USA, Australia, etc!!!!!!!!).

I getting desperate now ... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why did you choose Finland if you don't have contacts in Finland? Emails schools and education departments of Finnish universities, maybe ask on reddit - that's really all you can do, if nobody replies... make it up. You might find this interesting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06qjyrr
Original post by Barney17
Hi

I am a sixth form student currently studying A Level Maths, Physics & Chemistry - I am also in the middle of my Individual Investigation for (compulsory) Welsh Bacc - my title being "Finland has a more successful education system than Wales" - I have questionnaires that I have handed out to students and staff at my school but need the same questionnaire handed to students/staff in Finland ........ anyone out there who could help with contacts in ANY Finnish comprehensive school (that hopefully speak English??) - the questionnaires are anonymous and do not ask for any personal/contact details. I have contacted a couple of organisations that I have found online (clutching at straws really) but as of yet, I've had no replies ... possibly due to the language barrier (could of thought this out a bit better at the start and maybe compared it with USA, Australia, etc!!!!!!!!).

I getting desperate now ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could try contacting the blogger Taught by Finland - he's American so no language barrier. Even if you don't get an answer from him, the blog might be useful.

Also I assume you already know about the work of Pasi Salhberg?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Snufkin
Why did you choose Finland if you don't have contacts in Finland? Emails schools and education departments of Finnish universities, maybe ask on reddit - that's really all you can do, if nobody replies... make it up. You might find this interesting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06qjyrr

Thanks for the link - will def check it out - thank you.

My reasons for choosing Finland were because they have (supposedly) the best education system in Europe, also at the time I decided on my title, I had a family member working in Finland, I was hoping he could hand my questionnaires out to his colleagues.

Thanks for your help.
Reply 4
Original post by Jantaculum
You could try contacting the blogger Taught by Finland - he's American so no language barrier. Even if you don't get an answer from him, the blog might be useful.

Also I assume you already know about the work of Pasi Salhberg?

Thank you for your reply - I will check them out - I had come across Pasi Salhberg during my research but will look at him in more detail ........ thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending