The Student Room Group
If you want to gain extra marks then I'd suggest you do look into some VBA programming. This will mainly involve automating tasks for the user
Reply 2
My answer is slightly more complex than that!

Firstly full marks is highly unusual in my experience, and probably not worth driving yourself into the ground at the expense of other stuff to get. It's a case of the first marks are relatively easy to get, but marks get harder the further you go, and the last few are hard and require loads more effort than the first few.

The spec says that for some sections you can only get into the top marking band if the system is complex enough, but makes no mentio of VBA. In general though it's not a bad idea to have some, although some complex use of queries (update, delete, add etc, not just select queries) might also get you credit.

Having said that, assuming your coursework has to be in in the next couple of weeks, as long as the coursework is reasonably sophisticated, it would be better (in terms of picking up marks) to make sure you do a very solid job on the write up rather than get carried away with VBA and skimp on the write-up.

If you're thinking about starting the coursework next year or not completing until next January or something, then go for it with the VBA :smile:
iainmacn

My answer is slightly more complex than that!

Firstly full marks is highly unusual in my experience, and probably not worth driving yourself into the ground at the expense of other stuff to get. It's a case of the first marks are relatively easy to get, but marks get harder the further you go, and the last few are hard and require loads more effort than the first few.

The spec says that for some sections you can only get into the top marking band if the system is complex enough, but makes no mentio of VBA. In general though it's not a bad idea to have some, although some complex use of queries (update, delete, add etc, not just select queries) might also get you credit.

Having said that, assuming your coursework has to be in in the next couple of weeks, as long as the coursework is reasonably sophisticated, it would be better (in terms of picking up marks) to make sure you do a very solid job on the write up rather than get carried away with VBA and skimp on the write-up.

If you're thinking about starting the coursework next year or not completing until next January or something, then go for it with the VBA :smile:

Yeah I got lazy after "VBA programming". :biggrin:

Good job :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending