Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I'm in East Slope, 031F :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 781
am i the only one who's stuck with headleased house? :frown: that was not my plan!
I'm also in a headleased house! Where is yours?
Reply 783
Rudegirlska
I'm also in a headleased house! Where is yours?

28 st martin's place, brighton. and you? do you know what's included in the rent?
17 Burlington street. Internet is not included but everything else is, as in the halls I think.
Reply 785
ok then that's ok i think. i can't wait for my tenancy agreement to arrive. what will you study?
Reply 786
Rudegirlska
17 Burlington street. Internet is not included but everything else is, as in the halls I think.

oh, and how much is your rent? (if it's not a secret :smile: ) mine is GBP 4150/50 weeks.
Mine is £3760/39 weeks (94/week).
Oh I did not see your other post. I'll study history, literature and American studies. What about you? Are you an erasmus student?
Reply 789
I didn't get accommodation, was offered to stay at a family house, so i will take a gap year instead and re-apply next year to other uni's :smile:
Reply 790
People who haven't got accommodation: Just to let you know a lot of people will drop out within the first few weeks, so there is still a chance! I knew at least one person in first year who spent a few days with a host family, and was then moved into halls!
Reply 791
Rudegirlska
Oh I did not see your other post. I'll study history, literature and American studies. What about you? Are you an erasmus student?

no, i'm doing MA in International Relations. :smile:

wow, that's lot of stuff to study. :smile: I graduted in English and Philosophy so i thought about doing something different.
Reply 792
nadiah
People who haven't got accommodation: Just to let you know a lot of people will drop out within the first few weeks, so there is still a chance! I knew at least one person in first year who spent a few days with a host family, and was then moved into halls!

Agree with this - there is a number of people who don't turn up as well! I was in Lewes Court ph1, and the flat below me didn't have a 'full' flat (6 people) for a week because three people changed their minds last minute and just didn't turn up.

CastlesandBunnies
I'm thinking that's the sort of thing I want now... I've got Brighthelm. How does it compare?

My opinion of Brighthelm is that it's a bit harder to be social outside your house due to the fact you actually have to physically leave your house to see others, BUT the houses all have their own little balcony area which would be right next to your neighbouring houses, so that aspect always seemed really social to me, compared to where I was in Lewes Court ph1. The trend I noticed (this is not true for everyone, just what i experienced!!) is that people living in smaller flats/houses tended to stay a bit more 'together' (as in, a really tight group if they got on well) whereas people in the larger accommodation generally had a larger group of friends/knew more people, because of the openness of the Houses for example. But again, just my own experience! Really, wherever you go, you have just as much chance as meeting people you'll really get on with.

Also (again in my own experience), there seemed to more way more 18 year olds in accommodation like Park Village/Park Houses, as the gap year students get their first choice and generally choose places like Brighthelm/Lewes Court over the other two. East Slope always has a really big mix.
Reply 793
York House (Park Houses) Room 059 :wink:
Reply 794
@Alex
York House (Park Houses) Room 059 :wink:

Im like 5 doors away from you!
Reply 795
Im like 5 doors away from you!

Ha awsome, took me a good half hour to find out York house is in Park houses lmao, paniced for a min :woo:
I'm really excited now its getting nearer! What are you going to be studying?
Reply 796
Me too I was in such a quandry! Im doing american studies and english you?
Reply 797
:P awsome, I'm doing mech. engineering. Starting to wonder if I will even get my letter pack through the post hehe
Reply 798
I already have mine, I guess they value me more. Do you have facebook, we should correspond
Reply 799
I already have mine, I guess they value me more. Do you have facebook, we should correspond

Ya add me, Alex John Mitchell lemmie know if ya can't find me ha

Latest

Trending

Trending