The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

[INDENT]Hey there! I'm going to be a first year student living in Lewes Court! I'm writing to ask you all for a favour. I know that you don't know me but this would mean so much to me and my partner. I would be truly indebted to you and when I see you at Fresher's, the least I could do is buy you a drink! The thing is, my partner and I need desperately to be in the same flat and I would be so happy if we (you and me) could swap rooms. I'm in Lewes Court Phase Two, in Block 4, flat 121-A and he's in Lewes Court Phase Two- Block 3, flat 083-C. We're even willing to pay you to swap, we're that desperate for this!
Please get back to me on this, I would be so indebted to you. :smile:
Thanks for reading <3[/INDENT]

University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 1181
Hi guys,
I'm in Park village; 3,521.70 for the year :smile: But it was my second to last choice and i'm really hopping for an en-suit or simply smaller person to shower ratio (I notoriously have mega long showers and I'd rather not annoy my flat mates or feel guilty and rush haha) so if anyone is looking to swap and interested please contact me :smile:. I'd love to sort it out before uni and maybe just move in to each others rooms on the 15th and make it official on the 17th to save the hassle of moving twice but I'm flexible.

Anyway yeah feel free to ask me any questions or contact me if your interested (preferably someone in Swanborough, Lewes court, Brighthelm or Northfield but Stanmers cool too bathroom>location haha)

Thanks for reading my essay (sorry)

I Look forward to meeting some of you at Freshers :smile: Or in Law Lectures if you're doing that too :biggrin:
Reply 1182
Hi I messed up my application a bit and didn't get it in until the first of August - I know it was meant to be in BY the first of August, and frankly I'm starting to worry a bit that I may not have gotten a place which would be a problem - d'you guys know if anyone else hasn't received accommodation yet? Because I'm starting to worry about not having a room :frown:
Reply 1183
Original post by catriona176
It seems pretty random, the allocation of accommodation... I applied for East Slope as my first choice and although it was really popular I spoke to several people who'd put it as their last or penultimate option, while I didn't get a space and instead ended up in a two-person flatlet in Park Village, which I hadn't even known was an option.

Hi I have been put in a flatlet. I was wondering if you could give me anymore info or pictures? Thankyou!
Allocated Park Houses, York House. I want to swap for an ensuite. I can pay the swap charges for the person who wants to swap!
Reply 1185
When is everyone moving into accommodation?

I'm going to be living in Great Wilkins accommodation. They've said I can move in on the 15th and emailed me saying that there will be unrestricted access on the 15th and 16th which I figured means they are encouraging people to move in then. I just want to know if that's when everyone will be moving in or if they'll come in closer to freshers week.
Original post by vermonin
When is everyone moving into accommodation?

I'm going to be living in Great Wilkins accommodation. They've said I can move in on the 15th and emailed me saying that there will be unrestricted access on the 15th and 16th which I figured means they are encouraging people to move in then. I just want to know if that's when everyone will be moving in or if they'll come in closer to freshers week.

Assuming you're going to Sussex, from what I've seen from the fresher facebook groups and accommodation groups, everyone is either moving in on the 15th or 16th. The induction lectures start on the tuesday I believe, and you have to pick up your ID card on the monday. There is also recruitment meetings on the friday if you want a job on campus. So I think people are getting there as soon as they can to unpack and then go sort out everything.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by catriona176
It seems pretty random, the allocation of accommodation... I applied for East Slope as my first choice and although it was really popular I spoke to several people who'd put it as their last or penultimate option, while I didn't get a space and instead ended up in a two-person flatlet in Park Village, which I hadn't even known was an option.

A lot of people have said to me that it's random, but it makes me wonder. I'm 19, and I've met two flatmates so far out of four. One of them is 19, the other is 20. So it's making me wonder if they've put us together deliberately. I also asked for a quiet room and they've put me in with students doing very hard degrees (medicine, law and science etc.) so they will probably be in their rooms working a lot. Saying this though, so far I'm the only english person in my accommodation so it might be random. I know a lot of guys who have been put into houses with five rooms with four other girls. So who knows? I think sometimes they take it into account, other times not so much.
Reply 1188
Original post by SugarPuddle
Assuming you're going to Sussex, from what I've seen from the fresher facebook groups and accommodation groups, everyone is either moving in on the 15th or 16th. The induction lectures start on the tuesday I believe, and you have to pick up your ID card on the monday. There is also recruitment meetings on the friday if you want a job on campus. So I think people are getting there as soon as they can to unpack and then go sort out everything.

No I'm going to Brighton. Freshers week starts a week after the 15th so I would have thought people would be getting in on that weekend but the email I got seemed as if it was encouraging me to go on the 15th or 16th. So I don't know.
Reply 1189
My advice to anyone who isnt too obsessed with creature comforts - live at East Slope! Got the best community by miles, everyone is mates and has the best bar! As long as you can deal with a bit of noise and occcasional bad hygiene you'll be fine!
Reply 1190
Accommodation Available!
A double room in a nice house available from December for University of Sussex students! The room is the biggest room in the house. Next to shower and two toilets. There are 3 more housemates in the house. Shared living room, two fridges and washing machine. Perfect location, near Lewes Garage, just 3 min walk to bus stop, 4 min walk to Sainsbury's, 8 min drive to Uni and 8 min drive to the city center! Write me if interested!
(edited 11 years ago)
How soon after you confirmed with Sussex did everyone get their forms for accommodation applications?

I applied late and only put them as my firm yesterday, but I want to start applying for accommodation to get it out the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1192
Original post by MissAjayG
How soon after you confirmed with Sussex did everyone get their forms for accommodation applications?

I applied late and only put them as my firm yesterday, but I want to start applying for accommodation to get it out the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Search your email MissAjayG. I didn't confirm until a week ago but Sussex sent out the housing application emails back in march to everyone. Once on the housing application website there'll be an option by the log in box to 'get code', click that and go from there.
Reply 1193
Has anyone else heard back about their accommodation and where they are living? Apparently people with unconditional offers have already heard/ are hearing this week
Reply 1194
Hello, yes, a friend of mine heard today, he got Park Houses, which was his first choice. He has unconditional offer.
Hello sorry for the interjection!
I was just wondering if any one could help?
I have applied for a studio flat at sussex, as I have autism, and ocd so it would be near enough impossible to live with other people! What are the chances I will get one, and if I don't is there anything I can do about it? Thanks!:colondollar:
Original post by Loops299
Hello sorry for the interjection!
I was just wondering if any one could help?
I have applied for a studio flat at sussex, as I have autism, and ocd so it would be near enough impossible to live with other people! What are the chances I will get one, and if I don't is there anything I can do about it? Thanks!:colondollar:

If you disclosed your condition to the university in your application to the university, or more specifically in your housing application explaining that you require a studio flat, I'd imagine you'd get it. If you haven't done that and are worried you won't get a studio, I'd contact housing and make sure they know your needs. Hope this helps.
I've got a conditional offer to start this September but I'm trying to decide between accommodations.
I want an en suite but also want it to be fairly sociable.
so i narrowed down my options to
1.Lewes Court (ensuite)
2.Swanborough
3.Stanmer Court
4.Northfield
can people tell me which would be the most sociable out of these 4 as they are all ensuite
Original post by EaglesFive
If you disclosed your condition to the university in your application to the university, or more specifically in your housing application explaining that you require a studio flat, I'd imagine you'd get it. If you haven't done that and are worried you won't get a studio, I'd contact housing and make sure they know your needs. Hope this helps.

Thank you! :smile:
My offer was confirmed last week, shortly after receiving my results from the OU.

My ensuite room in Swanborough has also been confirmed.. Happy days :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending