The Student Room Group

I feel guilty for sending nudes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18, female a virgin and never kissed or had a boyfriend.

I've sent nudes to about 7-10 guys from the age of 14-18. I started talking to them online, we get close, talk sexually for a while, they send a pic and I sent one. I feel incredibly guilty. I never showed my face. Some were bra pics, some boobs and only 3 were private parts

I feel like a complete slut! Like I've let my parents down and everyone I know. I am so stupid and naive.

I'm scared of getting a boyfriend or husband, I have no idea how he'd feel about this.

Advice?

Can I have your email address??? :colone:

Just kidding, sorry I couldn't resist that...

Being serious, your problem is one of lack of self esteem and guilt. Of not feeling attractive to men, or of feeling that you shouldn't be attractive to men. One or the other. Am I right?

There isn't anything intrinsically wrong with sending nude pictures of yourself if they make you feel good about yourself, and you don't expose yourself to danger. But although you get a thrill, you end up disgusting yourself and it makes you feel even worse. Am I right again?

My advice, therefore is not to continue to do this, but to try and find a proper. real life relationship. I don't know whether your religion or personal morality, or family background will allow you to have sex, but if it is possible, and it feels right, that would be best.

If you are in a loving relationship you won't feel the need to send pix of yourself. And until you are, my advice would be, don't.
I'm sure if you found a guy who sincerely loved you, it wouldn't be an issue - lots of people do regrettable things in their teens. A redeeming factor is the fact that your face is not in the pictures, so there's not really a threat of them being used against you. So in that sense, you haven't let anyone down.

I would just put it down to experience and get on with your life - sending these pictures doesn't make you a 'slut' - just somebody who made a poor life choice (like everyone else).

Good luck, OP!
Just saw this, why do you think the amount does not matter?

Because sending a nude is sending nude to me sending it to 3 guys or 7 guys doesnt make much of a difference. Sending it to like 100 different guys is obviously a bit too much. I think as long as you don't post any nudes on social networks and send them to random guys on the internet etc... then its not really bad in my opinion. You have learnt your lesson, you made a mistake and you not to send guys nudes anymore.
First world problems, always making a deal about not having a bf or gf. OT: I only sent the nudes to the guys I knew well, one I really sold my heart to and another whom was a good mate. As long as they don't spread it around, then okais. :wink:
Your self worth isn't determined by how many nudes you send.
You're not suddenly used goods or less of a person because of those pictures, and anyone who says otherwise is frankly not worth your time and is a scum bag.
Original post by loveleest
Because sending a nude is sending nude to me sending it to 3 guys or 7 guys doesnt make much of a difference. Sending it to like 100 different guys is obviously a bit too much. I think as long as you don't post any nudes on social networks and send them to random guys on the internet etc... then its not really bad in my opinion. You have learnt your lesson, you made a mistake and you not to send guys nudes anymore.

Thanks and good point!
S*** happens.
I'm 18, female a virgin and never kissed or had a boyfriend.

I've sent nudes to about 7-10 guys from the age of 14-18. I started talking to them online, we get close, talk sexually for a while, they send a pic and I sent one. I feel incredibly guilty. I never showed my face. Some were bra pics, some boobs and only 3 were private parts

I feel like a complete slut! Like I've let my parents down and everyone I know. I am so stupid and naive.

I'm scared of getting a boyfriend or husband, I have no idea how he'd feel about this.

Advice?
Advice - go with it. Most people won't care. Lots of girls have sent nudes, and a lot of guys have.

At the end of the day - did you enjoy it?
Original post by Tootles
Advice - go with it. Most people won't care. Lots of girls have sent nudes, and a lot of guys have.

At the end of the day - did you enjoy it?

Sometimes I did
Sometimes I did
There were times you didn't? Like, you sent them because the other person asked you to?
Original post by Tootles
There were times you didn't? Like, you sent them because the other person asked you to?

No, it was always them sending it first and we were friends so I felt like I had to
No, it was always them sending it first and we were friends so I felt like I had to
Aah right. No, even when I've done it before, I always preferred it to be something the girl enjoyed doing too :lol: like I wouldn't send anything if it wasn't wanted either.
What if you send them to a guy that you do know personally? I've done it and I feel so incredibly guilty for doing it. He's sent me ones and I've sent them back. Is that bad? I don't know what to do.
Original post by Unknowndragon
What if you send them to a guy that you do know personally? I've done it and I feel so incredibly guilty for doing it. He's sent me ones and I've sent them back. Is that bad? I don't know what to do.

Just don't reveal your face and it's all good. Most people do it. Most people don't care at all.

No reason to feel guilty.

Have fun. And use it to facilitate something more serious if you want to! Otherwise just forget about it, it really doesn't matter.
Many girls send nudes it's nothing bad
You are not a whore, never say that about yourself! Most kids our age send nudes and it’s become a normal thing, so your not the only girl in the world! Expressing your sexuality with guys you were comfortable to that with is completely normal and fine! As for your future boyfriend or husband, what you do before your relationship with them should not affect anything. Plus I would bet that they have gotten nudes too so again don’t stress it’s totally normal!
You are not a whore. Don’t ever think that! You sent pictures of your body to guys who you talked to and who you wanted to send pictures to, and it’s totally and completely normal for kids our age to stuff like this. Never feel like you are letting others around down because you expressed yourself sexually. And if you feel bad for you future boyfriend or husband, I’m pretty sure they’ve gotten nudes before so I wouldn’t stress it. Also what you did before you two were together should not have any affect on your relationship! If your talking to a guy again and they want nudes and you want to send then do it, but you don’t want to send them never do it’s okay to say no!
Reply 57
Im 15
i have sent nudes to this guy who was dating my friend i didnt know this though so as soon as i did i told her. She has forgiven me but i feel awful about myself, i have lost self confidence and hate myself for what i have done. I keep saying that i am ok with the fact it happened but im not.
Any advice?
Original post by Smethy
Im 15
i have sent nudes to this guy who was dating my friend i didnt know this though so as soon as i did i told her. She has forgiven me but i feel awful about myself, i have lost self confidence and hate myself for what i have done. I keep saying that i am ok with the fact it happened but im not.
Any advice?

I know it must be embarrassing but your friend forgave you so you should have nothing to worry about
you dont need to tell anyone about this including your future partner. Men are quite funny when it comes things like this. For ex, my bf has had casual flings where he slept with many girl with no committment,. he told me he used to mess around and sleep with girls but when i told him about one ex i had he is still angry thinking about the fact that i slept with my ex so there u go.. they think they can do anything but when it comes to their girl they expect us to be virgin Mary or something like that. you were young so dont be hard on yourslef learn fromit and move on and finally DONT tell him anything remember that he will bring it always whenever you try to confront him about something and use it against u.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending