The Student Room Group

Will i even get offers?

Hey guys so ive sent my ucas off, but im unsure whether ill even get offers. At AS i did maths bio business achieving A, D, A. Unfortunately bio has set me back. This year i picked up as further mathsjust to try bring up the average and i enjoy it. Im predicted A* A* D a , in maths, business, biology, and as further maths. Ive applied for mathematics with computer science at brunel, aston, sheffield, essex and ntu. I really want brunel or aston m, and essex and ntu are there as backups.

Brunel and aston are both asking for AAB-ABB. Im pretty sure i will achieve the equivalent to this in points however may be in an A*AC or something along those lines. But do you think i will even get offers from those two?
Reply 1
Yes you should. You've got excellent grades for Maths and Business, but you should try applying to Unis higher up as you could probably get in to better Unis with an A in maths.
Reply 2
Original post by TrojanH
Yes you should. You've got excellent grades for Maths and Business, but you should try applying to Unis higher up as you could probably get in to better Unis with an A in maths.

Hey thanks for the reply and i was planning to but the thought of not having strong ish offers scared me so i assumed that i would hust be better off going theough adjustment if i was to get better grades
Reply 3
Original post by Mitul106
Hey thanks for the reply and i was planning to but the thought of not having strong ish offers scared me so i assumed that i would hust be better off going theough adjustment if i was to get better grades

Why don't you look at rather where you would be happy in going, and then look at their statistics to see if they're a good uni, and THEN ignore entry and just look at places you actually want to go, not who has low enough/high enough entry?

With A*A*D thats equivalent to AAB.
If you think you will get A*A*D then adjusted to AAB.
If you think you will get A*A*C then adjust to AAA

Some unis won't accept this as they want to see uniform, consistent, performance across three different A levels, but most accept equivalents.

Anyway, if I were you, and I believed I was capable of getting my Bio grade up (I do Bio and I think its way easier than Maths lol), I would apply to aim high with 3 Unis, a reasonable uni, and a low uni.

For you, in your case it would be (probably) A*,A, A (2/3) and AAB (1/2) and ABB or something (1). Don't be scared about offers. Just aim high and reap the rewards. Even some top places have CS in clearing. Unis have a high demand for CS candidates and now, as you pay for tuition, you are just another customer and so the odds of getting an offer are in your favour. Make sure you have a very good PS though! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mitul106
Hey guys so ive sent my ucas off, but im unsure whether ill even get offers. At AS i did maths bio business achieving A, D, A. Unfortunately bio has set me back. This year i picked up as further mathsjust to try bring up the average and i enjoy it. Im predicted A* A* D a , in maths, business, biology, and as further maths. Ive applied for mathematics with computer science at brunel, aston, sheffield, essex and ntu. I really want brunel or aston m, and essex and ntu are there as backups.

Brunel and aston are both asking for AAB-ABB. Im pretty sure i will achieve the equivalent to this in points however may be in an A*AC or something along those lines. But do you think i will even get offers from those two?

I would suggest keep brunel and aston as backups and try for uni's like leicester or loughborough or UEA which want ABB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Trust me ! Apply to unis higher up , I got AABE in English, Business , maths and Biology , biology also letting me down.
However I applied to Brunel , to do Biomed and got an offer recently!
I think it may have to do with me playing u18 southeast rugby , but nevertheless I also got 2 other offers from Birkbeck and Queens
Good luck !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I am a current student at Essex uni in my third year of study and I have loved my experience there so far! It is a very fun and friendly campus with lots going on so you will never be bored. Everything you need on a regular basis is on the campus, such as a post office, bars, restaurants, club, cafes, hairdressers, food store, banks etc and the main supermarket is only 15 minute walk away, so it is really convenient! If you have any questions about Essex uni feel free to ask :smile: ^Sam
You're going to be fine. :smile:

I ended up with quite poor College results, and ended up getting into Portsmouth with an unconditional offer, also got offers from a few others too!

You've done well for yourself, they're good grades!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending