The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford brookes admissions

Hi, I have an offer for Brookes for motorsport engineering in September. My offer requires me to achieve 112 UCAS points as well as a B or above in both Maths and Physics. Brookes website states that if I confirm the offer as my firm choice, I will be accepted even if I miss one grade. Is there any possibility they could reject me if I was to achieve an A*/A in maths and a C in physics? I don't want to rely on this claim just in case they can turn round and say no. Many thanks
Original post by cigash
Hi, I have an offer for Brookes for motorsport engineering in September. My offer requires me to achieve 112 UCAS points as well as a B or above in both Maths and Physics. Brookes website states that if I confirm the offer as my firm choice, I will be accepted even if I miss one grade. Is there any possibility they could reject me if I was to achieve an A*/A in maths and a C in physics? I don't want to rely on this claim just in case they can turn round and say no. Many thanks

Hi @cigash,

Thank you for your message and congratulations on your offer!

As you mentioned, firm offer holders can get an unconditional offer, even if they miss their target by one letter grade (you could get an offer with 104 UCAS points instead of 112). This can be confirmed on our website here.

There is no guarantee that you would get an offer if you achieve a C in Physics, as these are academic requirements separate from the overall UCAS point requirement. This is not to say that you would not be made an offer, but the condition of the offer is to receive a B in Maths and a Science. We try to show flexibility when we can, but this is a competitive course and therefore has more stringent requirements than others. I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending