The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

stay at home or move to halls? i dont know!

Hiya, I've got a bit of a dilemma, I love living at home, my parents are cool and its all good and relaxed- theres nothing I cant do at home that I could do in halls. The only thing is, I really dont know if I should move out? Obviously it would be cheaper to live at home but then I think that money shouldnt be a contributing factor if it would be that good of an experience. I've spoken to post graduates who say its a must and that living at home will never be the same but then I think... if people are going out and stuff surely I could just go with them.....oooh I dont know!:confused:
Reply 1
move to halls.
that way you get to meet so many more people, you won't feel isolated from mainstream uni life, and you can pop back home to nick food out your parents' fridge when you run out of money.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
halls
Reply 3
I dunno, it is a lot of money and the friends I prefer spending time with are from my course not my halls.
However I really enjoy sharing a flat and spontaneously watching DVDs together and stuff.

Maybe if you stay at home this year you could move in somewhere with some friends next year?
im going to kcl in sept. 07 (grades providing!!) ~~ and have totally requested halls...i live in bang central london near baker street, and it would literally take me 20mins to get into kings ~ but still getting halls!
go for the experience :smile: and everything else :biggrin: and you will most definately enjoy it..i mean..would your parents appreciate you coming in to your home at 2am in the morning drunk with a stolen traffic cone?!!
Reply 5
Hi, I also live in London, but not as close as Crazy_Dee, 30 mins to get to Kings by tube and train so not too bad. However I'm going to apply for halls as I think it will be a great experience, you can always visit home (whilst you're there stock up and try get some extra money :rolleyes: )and also agree with the coming home late thing. At least if you're living out you don't really need to worry about how to get home from central London and won't affect how long you stay out/how early the next day you get back!

On a side note: Hmm..a stolen traffic cone...I like the sound of that :p:
Reply 6
halls man first year. i cant stress enough how **** it is if u dont, maybe in later years live at home though.

you make amazing mates in the first week, freshers parties and all that. most people who lived at home dint hav a clue about any of it. also, livin in halls helps to understand and appreciate ur rents all this time!!
Reply 7
depends whether ur gonna go out a lot or not. im living with relatives..so ive got like free food, a nic bed, en suite shower etc and it doesnt take that long to get in. plus i have soooooo much more money cuz im not paying for accomodation! but if its ur first year then live out, ul make loads more friends that way and itll be a good experience. after that, start getting responsible!

Latest