The Student Room Group

FL72 Live: 26/12 - 01/01

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mackay
Poor and disappointing result for Sheffield Wednesday. I really, really want them to go up. I'd love them to be a top flight club once again.

The lapse in concentration combined with Middlesbrough's ruthlessness was all it took. Wednesday deserved more than a point from the game, and 'Boro were poor in large parts, but they're showing their credentials as a promotion team by grinding out results they don't deserve.

It's now 10 hours & 37 minutes they've gone without conceding a goal (7 games)
Reply 21
Original post by TornadoGR4
The lapse in concentration combined with Middlesbrough's ruthlessness was all it took. Wednesday deserved more than a point from the game, and 'Boro were poor in large parts, but they're showing their credentials as a promotion team by grinding out results they don't deserve.

It shows how far the Championship has come when you see the likes of Karanka and Carvahal managing two of the in-form sides.

It's a shame that the latter was so critical of the Football League for letting the game go ahead, though. He felt that - due to Boro's Boxing Day postponement - the match shouldn't have gone ahead, because it was unfair.

That's life, I'm afraid.
Reply 22
Original post by Mackay
It shows how far the Championship has come when you see the likes of Karanka and Carvahal managing two of the in-form sides.

It's a shame that the latter was so critical of the Football League for letting the game go ahead, though. He felt that - due to Boro's Boxing Day postponement - the match shouldn't have gone ahead, because it was unfair.

That's life, I'm afraid.

Yeah, it happens. We have Derby tomorrow and they've had 26 hours longer to prepare than us. Punishing league, but Wednesday did make 6 changes to the starting line-up
Reply 23
Original post by TornadoGR4
Yeah, it happens. We have Derby tomorrow and they've had 26 hours longer to prepare than us. Punishing league, but Wednesday did make 6 changes to the starting line-up

He wouldn't have commented if they had achieved a result today. I'm hoping Leeds and Derby is a cracker.
Reply 24
That's a strong Derby squad, completely forgot Bradley Johnson was now at Derby. Cook dropped for Adeyemi & Wood starts. Again.
Reply 25
More defensive errors leading to goals :sigh:
Reply 26
Dirty Leeds. Lack of discipline, we need to keep our heads. I liked Byram's booking though.

Edit: **** ref too
Reply 27
Beautiful Bamba. I'd take that at half time. I would expect after around 15-20 minutes into the second half to see Cook & Antenucci. His impact was huge against Forest, and Wood, who has had a decent half tbf to him, is looking isolated on his own.
2.1 to Leeds now.
Reply 29
2-2. I'm glad Wood got a goal, looking on to MK Dons!
Good game that were.
Typical Leeds. But not a bad point against second (I think) placed Derby.
Reply 32
Some great games over the last few nights, but I'd have preferred to have seen the Fulham match over this last night personally. It was a cracker, by all accounts.
Reply 33
"Sky TV, is ****ing ****
Sky TV, is ****ing ****"

:lol:
As much as I love there's so much football on TV, I feel sad for the fans who have to make sacrifices to get to see their team play at silly o'clock.
Reply 35
Hasselbaink still searching for first win, while Burton now sit top of League One and keep racking up points despite not playing well. Be interesting if he was to return to the Pirelli next year...

Quick Reply

Latest