The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You don't necessarily need Biology - check out individual university entry requirements. Some only require it to AS, or not at all (although you will almost certainly need Chemistry). AS at least could be self-taught in a year; the full A level might be a bit ambitious (as well as unnecessary for a lot of med schools) but I suppose could be done with a lot of hard work and spare time.

If you're going to study Chem Eng then when were you thinking of applying for medicine - as a graduate? If so then they'd probably be less concerned with your A Levels and more concerned with your degree.
Reply 2
Yeah doing the entire A2 in one year might be quite hard - there is a lot to take in + you'll be doing two praticals/two plans etc..

I would do the AS in one year, self-teaching that is not that difficult.
Reply 3
vb07
Yeah doing the entire A2 in one year might be quite hard - there is a lot to take in + you'll be doing two praticals/two plans etc..

I would do the AS in one year, self-teaching that is not that difficult.

:toofunny:
Reply 4
It certainly isn't providing you have the right mentality and discipline.
Reply 5
Yup very true; its not the intelligence you need for self-teach biology, its the discipline. You need to be dedicated to doing all that work.
Reply 6
learn how to answer the questions - then regurgitate.
Reply 7
it will be quite hard

i look back on my bio work i think if you are clever and dedicated enough you may be able to but its going to be very very very very hard
Reply 8
With Bio there isn't really anything that complex to understand. As others have said, you need the discipline to trough through all the material and be able to learn all the jargon/processes etc. And you have to have good exam technique too.
that will be incredibly hard

Latest