The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

A-Level Options and London School Of Economics

I really want to go to LSE but I don't know if my A-Level options are suitable for it. These are Maths, Business, Further Maths and Biology(I wanted to take Economics but my sixth form doesn't offer it). Are these good for LSE?
Original post by Milkanifier
I really want to go to LSE but I don't know if my A-Level options are suitable for it. These are Maths, Business, Further Maths and Biology(I wanted to take Economics but my sixth form doesn't offer it). Are these good for LSE?

That seems like a strong set of subjects. I think it’s mostly depends on grades tbh, and the course you want to apply to. Economics based courses usually only give offers to kids with at least A*A*A, however ive seen some lower grades for courses like sociology and social policy etc for A*AA.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

If you're an International 'status' for fees; then you will have a higher chance of admission at LSE. :wink:

Also, if you do a less popular course with entry requirements of AAA or AAB and achieve A*AA or more then you're most likely to be made an offer.

Moreover, it would be even better if you applied Post A-Level with your A-Level grades achieved! :smile:

What are your GCSE grades and subjects? :smile: LSE look at GCSE grades too, and Maths, Science, History, Geography, English Literature, French, German and Spanish are looking for A* or A at minimum.
I am still doing my GCSE's this year however I am predicted mostly 8s
I am still doing my GCSE's this year however I am predicted mostly 8s

Don't do Business Studies. Do Chemistry instead. Because it will be easier to achieve A*A*A*A* - A*AAA in MATHS, FURTHER MATHS, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY!!! :biggrin:
Reply 5

As a current econ offer holder, DO NOT DO BUSINESS STUDIES. It's perfectly fine if you can't take econ, just make sure that your reference indicates this - you won't be at a disadvantage! You can take physics/chemistry instead of business. Also, why not try self-studying Econ AS outside of school? it would make you a stronger candidate who appears extremely motivated
Reply 6
Try to take AS Economics as a self taught Private External Candidate. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending