The Student Room Group

Is my youth minister down my church trying to hit on me?

So I'm 19 and was getting my passport done with the help of my Youth minister.

She usually laughs at my jokes a lot of the time.

When sorting out the passport at the post office the guy at the till gave my passport photos back after cutting one out and she gave them to me saying "here's your lovely face" I giggled and looked downward.

Later on in Afters it was me her and a female friend of mine and she complimented my skin colour saying it was nice and "caramel colour".

Maybe I'm overthinking this and sounding low but turns out I have a painful list of obvious missed hints that my friends make fun of me for now and again.
Reply 1
Are people thinking I'm trolling? I'm being serious.
Reply 2
Original post by XOR_
I'm pretty it's like this - her day: She wakes up, flowers some plants, hops her way to church, compliments the people there to make them feel cheery and goes home.
Unless she flirts or reacts to your flirts positively then your just jumping to conclusions.

I don't flirt with her, she's married and part of a church.
Sounds to me like a certain lady has a crush
I stopped reading at "caramel colour". Why do white people love fetishising black/brown people? Stop reducing my racial and cultural identity to foodstuffs.
Christian d ain't good enough , i guess :P
Reply 6
Original post by Danny McCoyne
I stopped reading at "caramel colour". Why do white people love fetishising black/brown people? Stop reducing my racial and cultural identity to foodstuffs.

I don't mind being called white chocolate...
Original post by John55
I don't mind being called white chocolate...

Of course you won't mind. There's no racial connotation being described as white chocolate where as 'beautiful chocolate woman' and 'caramel skin' are both fetishising black and brown skin as being exotic and foreign.
Reply 8

I agree with you black pudding.
Reply 9
Original post by nverjvlev
If she's married then back the hell off... Why are you trying to compromise her beliefs and her marriage?? Move on, find someone else.

-_-

What do you think I'm worried about?
Original post by nverjvlev
If she's married then back the hell off... Why are you trying to compromise her beliefs and her marriage?? Move on, find someone else.

Original post by Anonymous
-_-

What do you think I'm worried about?

If she is flirting with you, and is married, then you just have to keep your language as neutral as possible. If she has a crush on you and is the sort that would flirt with someone younger (I'm assuming), then that's her problem, and unless you give her cause to continue then she will probably get bored and move on to someone else. You can walk around with your head held high. The only thing you have to do is not get into a situation where you are flirting with a married lady.
So I'm 19 and was getting my passport done with the help of my Youth minister.

She usually laughs at my jokes a lot of the time.

When sorting out the passport at the post office the guy at the till gave my passport photos back after cutting one out and she gave them to me saying "here's your lovely face" I giggled and looked downward.

Later on in Afters it was me her and a female friend of mine and she complimented my skin colour saying it was nice and "caramel colour".

Maybe I'm overthinking this and sounding low but turns out I have a painful list of obvious missed hints that my friends make fun of me for now and again.

Impossible to say, I know a lot of christians who come across as flirty because they're "over sweet" to everyone they know

Almost certainly not
I suspect she is just being friendly, it is part of her job role.

Decent trollin'. 7/10
Original post by RollerBall
Decent trollin'. 7/10

He ain't trollin.
Original post by Architecture-er
Impossible to say, I know a lot of christians who come across as flirty because they're "over sweet" to everyone they know

Almost certainly not

Almost certainly no what?
Almost certainly no what?

Answering your thread title

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending