The Student Room Group
University of York
York

First Year For This Degree- Risky?

Im thinking about doing the Environmental Geography degree at york uni. However, its the first year, is there a lot of risk in this? Will the degree be looked at as good even though its not ranked in the geography league tables because its from york uni? or would i be better oof doing a geography course thats been around for a good few years, such as sheffield or sussex?

any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks
Reply 1
Always going to be a bit of risk involved, but if you want to get a measure of it, I suggest looking into similar courses the uni offers (environmental sciences springs to mind) and seeing how they rank.
University of York
York
Reply 2
I'm in a similair positionas I'm going to be studying historical archeaology which is also in its first year but I decided to take the plunge and do it because the overall reputation of york is so good.
I applied for Politics with International Relations for its first year and I'm just going off the fact that it has an excellent reputation for the subject, so fingers crossed! York is a good university no matter how you look at it so I'm sure you made the right choice. With the majority of their departments being rated 5 and 5* you're not looking at a bad degree! They wouldn't introduce something they thought wouldn't be successful.

Latest

Trending

Trending