The Student Room Group

RAF Filter Interview & OASC 2016

Scroll to see replies

Admin question: Does anyone know if there will be access to an iron?!

Thanks.
I will also be attending on the 12th April! Looking forward to it :smile:
How did everyone get on?
Hi my son is waiting to hear from cranwell to decide if he was successful in the selection process. Do you know how long we might have to wait?

Many Thanks
Mrs Wall
Original post by booboos19
Hi my son is waiting to hear from cranwell to decide if he was successful in the selection process. Do you know how long we might have to wait?

Many Thanks
Mrs Wall

I think it depends.
I heard within 1 week. Others heard in 3/4.

They will contact him.

Sorry for being vague
Reply 85

Many Thanks
Mrs Wall

I attended OASC 29 - 31 March (7 weeks ago) but had my medical on the 19th April (4 weeks ago) and I still haven't heard anything yet.

When you hear that people have heard back in a week I am not very hopeful!
Original post by Bubinga
I attended OASC 29 - 31 March (7 weeks ago) but had my medical on the 19th April (4 weeks ago) and I still haven't heard anything yet.

I wouldn't worry to much. I heard back I a week but that was only because they were focusing on rushing people onto the June intake who said they were available. i said in my paperwork I could go in June so I got a call quickly because they had places to fill on that course
Reply 87
Original post by G01035799
I wouldn't worry to much. I heard back I a week but that was only because they were focusing on rushing people onto the June intake who said they were available. i said in my paperwork I could go in June so I got a call quickly because they had places to fill on that course

As much as I hope this is true I also said I could start on the June course (well I said I was available from 22.05.16).

The anticipation is horrible and I'm getting fed up with checking my emails every 5 minutes now!
Original post by Bubinga
As much as I hope this is true I also said I could start on the June course (well I said I was available from 22.05.16).

The anticipation is horrible and I'm getting fed up with checking my emails every 5 minutes now!

You have to do a fam visit before going onto a course (at least a month before) and the last fam visit was a few weeks ago. If you put down you weren't available until 22.5 that probably excluded you from June entry I would imagine
Reply 89
Original post by G01035799
You have to do a fam visit before going onto a course (at least a month before) and the last fam visit was a few weeks ago. If you put down you weren't available until 22.5 that probably excluded you from June entry I would imagine

That is a good point that I am going to hold onto, I suppose no news is good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Putting "when you're available for training" to one side, would you say the longer you wait the less likely it is you have been successful? Or is there no correlation between the time you wait and if you've been successful? Just curious.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Bubinga;64877883]I attended OASC 29 - 31 March (7 weeks ago) but had my medical on the 19th April (4 weeks ago) and I still haven't heard anything yet.

Oh ok Thankyou, He called them today and he was told that June's intake was full the next one is Aug. But his application was not with them it has been passed on for further processing? So does anyone know where it goes to? They said it will most probably be another week or so.
Reply 92
Oh ok Thankyou, He called them today and he was told that June's intake was full the next one is Aug. But his application was not with them it has been passed on for further processing? So does anyone know where it goes to? They said it will most probably be another week or so.

Ah they may be doing what has been said previously, focusing on the June intake then over to the August.

When did your son attend OASC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WalkingMan20
Putting "when you're available for training" to one side, would you say the longer you wait the less likely it is you have been successful? Or is there no correlation between the time you wait and if you've been successful? Just curious.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Each IOT will have allocated slots per branch to match phase 2 dates as closely as they can, some people go into a sift so may not have made this IOT so they'll see who else came through oasc prior to the next and assess them all against each other, highest scorers get put on, etc. People pull out of courses or need to delay for various reasons, or branch slots increase/decrease, it's so many factors that you really can't assess yourself against when you hear back!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by teasin_tina
Each IOT will have allocated slots per branch to match phase 2 dates as closely as they can, some people go into a sift so may not have made this IOT so they'll see who else came through oasc prior to the next and assess them all against each other, highest scorers get put on, etc. People pull out of courses or need to delay for various reasons, or branch slots increase/decrease, it's so many factors that you really can't assess yourself against when you hear back!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh ok thanks Tina, I was told that at the end of my interview, and there's obviously other factors affecting it too. It's only been a week and the anticipation is killing me!
Thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi he attended 3 days in mid april.
Posting just to be in the thread.

Previously served, previously failed OASC having gone through all the hoops and then waited 3 weeks for my rejection letter.

Currently passed CBAT and waiting for my medical.
Reply 97
So I am still awaiting a result from OASC that I went to on 29-31 March. I chased by phone 2 weeks ago and was informed that the sift was due to take place soon and to call back in a couple of weeks if I do not hear anything.

Just phoned them again and was told that the sift had been delayed and it maybe a further 2-3 weeks before I hear anything (this would be a total 3 months for a result).

Anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by Bubinga
So I am still awaiting a result from OASC that I went to on 29-31 March. I chased by phone 2 weeks ago and was informed that the sift was due to take place soon and to call back in a couple of weeks if I do not hear anything.

Just phoned them again and was told that the sift had been delayed and it maybe a further 2-3 weeks before I hear anything (this would be a total 3 months for a result).

Anyone else in the same boat?

Blimey you've been waiting a while! I was moaning after 2 weeks of waiting!
What role are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by WalkingMan20
Blimey you've been waiting a while! I was moaning after 2 weeks of waiting!
What role are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know tell me about it. I'm playing the whole no news is good news in my head but that doesn't work for long!

I am applying for Pilot, was informed the sift was delayed due to staff sickness, bank holiday and half term. But I know other people on intakes after me that were given results in a week which is why it's frustrating (I know there are various reasons why this could be, just 9 weeks is a long wait!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest