The Student Room Group

Is this abuse?

I just watched a video of a popular Male Youtuber detailing his experience of an abusive relationship, and it made my think about the relationship I had with my ex. I'm a Male also. I just wanted perspective.

My ex always made me feel guilty of talking to other women, making a point that it upset her or made her feel uncomfortable. I knew few women at the time and most were professional relationships in relation to my job. She'd also ask me questions like "Do you find so-and-so attractive?", which I always answered truthfully leading to many times when she was unhappy and berated me for my answer.

There were many times it was heavily implied she would commit suciide if we were to breakup. Furthermore this was turned around on me when we actually did break up with her telling people that I was the one who made the threat.

When we broke up, she accused me of psychologically and sexually abusing her, crimes which I most certainly did not commit. She never took action with these claims which makes me believe she used this to discredit me.
Yes, it's called emotional abuse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending