The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE and working part-time

How common is it for LSE students to work part-time? Is it manageable to spend 15-20 hours a week on work and cope with the workload and have time to chill and enjoy life a little bit?
In your first year it will be possible. But if you are interested in partying a lot, you will not be able to do both, especially after your first year. You will have to sacrifice your social life for your job...16 hours is a lot!! But I'd say >8 hrs work a week can give you a pretty good balance of uni work and social life. This becomes more difficult second year though. But second and third years you generally have private accommodation and therefore it is possible to stay at home over the holidays and work instead of going home. I earned about 1k from doing this at Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by jazzie14
In your first year it will be possible. But if you are interested in partying a lot, you will not be able to do both, especially after your first year. You will have to sacrifice your social life for your job...16 hours is a lot!! But I'd say >8 hrs work a week can give you a pretty good balance of uni work and social life. This becomes more difficult second year though. But second and third years you generally have private accommodation and therefore it is possible to stay at home over the holidays and work instead of going home. I earned about 1k from doing this at Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, thanks so much for reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending