The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Scroll to see replies

I applied for an Advanced apprenticeship - Information Technology in Edinburgh, after looking at my profile again looks like on the same day i received the email saying i had passed the initial screening an application was automatically put in for "Advanced Apprentice - Network Engineer - Openreach BCD"

I'm assuming this was probably the role they found suitable for me and had available!

Also there was 4 withdraws all of Higher apprenticeships... Assuming as i don't have the grades...

Anyone else had on change to theirs?
Reply 41
Yh mines is showing something different

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
It's got two different things, one says BT apprentice programme - finance and the other just says finance apprentice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by charliemurray3
I applied for an Advanced apprenticeship - Information Technology in Edinburgh, after looking at my profile again looks like on the same day i received the email saying i had passed the initial screening an application was automatically put in for "Advanced Apprentice - Network Engineer - Openreach BCD"

I'm assuming this was probably the role they found suitable for me and had available!

Also there was 4 withdraws all of Higher apprenticeships... Assuming as i don't have the grades...

Anyone else had on change to theirs?

What do you mean by withdraws?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am attending an assesment centre in ipswch on 22 March :smile: :smile:
Reply 45
Just waiting for assessment centre date.. i already work for BT consumer and looking to transfer over to engineering.. us internal guys still have to wait too :smile:
hi guys,
I applied for an engineering apprenticeship with BT this year also and I have done the online strengths test I had an email saying I had passed and it would take several weeks for a reply ive been waiting 5 weeks now and haven't heard anything just wondered if this is normal.
I do live in Cornwall and everything seems to take longer down here haha!
Th recruitment team said they run the assessment days up until mid May, and if its like most jobs you wont know till about 2 weeks prior, so could be waiting another month or 2 until you hear anything! Anyone know if its usual to get this far then not be invited?
I'm the same, did that test they sent an email not long after saying passed it, then another few days later telling me top strengths, and that I would hear back in few weeks - nothing yet.
Emailed the team last Monday, autoresponse said I would get a reply in 2 working days, nothing yet...
They must be very busy.
In the meantime I have everything crossed!
Reply 49
i got an email the other day saying they have identified a role that we think is a good match. Im being considered for an assessment centre in my area, ive had the emails as the last 2 posts so it seems they are sending assessment emails now/soon
Original post by s.flood
i got an email the other day saying they have identified a role that we think is a good match. Im being considered for an assessment centre in my area, ive had the emails as the last 2 posts so it seems they are sending assessment emails now/soon

Thanks for the update, what did you apply for and what area?
Reply 51
Original post by BenLStoke
Thanks for the update, what did you apply for and what area?

it was for engineering and im in the north west, ive also noticed my bt jobpage has changed, there is another entry now for advanced apprenticeship-engineering-tso
Fingers crossed i get an assessment centre now!
Original post by s.flood
it was for engineering and im in the north west, ive also noticed my bt jobpage has changed, there is another entry now for advanced apprenticeship-engineering-tso
Fingers crossed i get an assessment centre now!

That's good news mate!
I applied for same Engineering in Stoke, presumably openreach!
Hope I hear back soon, the waiting game is horrible!
Reply 53
That's good news mate!
I applied for same Engineering in Stoke, presumably openreach!
Hope I hear back soon, the waiting game is horrible!

hopefully you do! has your jobpage changed yet?
Original post by s.flood
hopefully you do! has your jobpage changed yet?

Cheers!
Not yet nope, says the following:

BT Apprentice programme - Engineering - Full-timeUnited KingdomJob posting date:Feb 1, 2016 Job Number: 39150Job Status: active (accepting job applications)Application status: Application Received Updated: Feb 17, 2016
Reply 55
Cheers!
Not yet nope, says the following:

BT Apprentice programme - Engineering - Full-timeUnited KingdomJob posting date:Feb 1, 2016 Job Number: 39150Job Status: active (accepting job applications)Application status: Application Received Updated: Feb 17, 2016

I applied for mine january, yours might come next month seen as you applied in feb
Reply 56
I'm really interested in the Engineering apprenticeship, but can I apply at 16 because I cannot get a driving licence yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by _J4ck_
I'm really interested in the Engineering apprenticeship, but can I apply at 16 because I cannot get a driving licence yet?

You would need to have acquired a driving license by the time you start the job as an engineer as far as I am aware! I would recommend checking out the BT Careers FAQ for more info j4ck

Btw Hello All.

I have been following this thread with a close eye.

Its nice to see people getting through to the hubs. This will be my 3rd year trying to get in as an engineer and I am hoping for the best. I have comfirmation that I am through the situational stengths test and I am positively waiting for positions in my area however yesterday I got an email wanting me to clarify my grades again so they can progress it. I replied late yesterday so I am hoping it is going to get progressed once processed.

Kind regards.
Dan
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DanBrandon89
You would need to have acquired a driving license by the time you start the job as an engineer as far as I am aware! I would recommend checking out the BT Careers FAQ for more info j4ck

Btw Hello All.

I have been following this thread with a close eye.

Its nice to see people getting through to the hubs. This will be my 3rd year trying to get in as an engineer and I am hoping for the best. I have comfirmation that I am through the situational stengths test and I am positively waiting for positions in my area however yesterday I got an email wanting me to clarify my grades again so they can progress it. I replied late yesterday so I am hoping it is going to get progressed once processed.

Kind regards.
Dan

Hello mate sounds good, I havent had a response since the situation strengths pass email. What area are you in?
Hello mate sounds good, I havent had a response since the situation strengths pass email. What area are you in?

Hello Ben.

I am in the North East of England; Sunderland to be exact. They seem to take an era to get back to anyone based on past threads and posts.

Kind regards.
Dan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending