The Student Room Group

UX design apprenticeship

Has anyone applied to the BBC or BT UX design apprenticeship? There is also an Amazon creative design one I'm interested in so I'm hoping we can discuss and talk about our experiences and interests for applying.

Scroll to see replies

hey, i've been looking at them too, what a levels did you do ? i originally applied for medicine but didnt get in so im going through a career change atm.
Original post by wannabedoctor13s
hey, i've been looking at them too, what a levels did you do ? i originally applied for medicine but didnt get in so im going through a career change atm.

hi you're exactly like me- for a second I thought I wrote this aha. i received an offer from the UX Design degree apprenticeship but I turned it down because I have an optom offer which I've firmed and it's something I want to do. If your heart is still in med, I really believe you can secure an offer the 2nd time around otherwise defo explore other career options.
Original post by lilyrose270
hi you're exactly like me- for a second I thought I wrote this aha. i received an offer from the UX Design degree apprenticeship but I turned it down because I have an optom offer which I've firmed and it's something I want to do. If your heart is still in med, I really believe you can secure an offer the 2nd time around otherwise defo explore other career options.

haha ive applied for med 3 times and didnt get in either times sadly, which degree apprenticeship did you get the offer for ? and what did you firm ?
haha ive applied for med 3 times and didnt get in either times sadly, which degree apprenticeship did you get the offer for ? and what did you firm ?

oh gosh 3 times?! It was for the BBC UX desgin one. Optometry at Aston!
Original post by lilyrose270
oh gosh 3 times?! It was for the BBC UX desgin one. Optometry at Aston!

how was the application process for the bbc programme if you don't mind, and how long was it till they gave you the offer

im the same as you, got into dentistry but now doing business. i would love to do ux design though
Original post by Grade9girl
im the same as you, got into dentistry but now doing business. i would love to do ux design though

at what uni? could you explain a bit more behind your reason to switch from dentistry to business? x
Hey, if anyone has any information about ux portfolios for the bt ux apprenticeship please let me know im really stressing right now😞
Reply 9
Original post by Chumchumbum
Hey, if anyone has any information about ux portfolios for the bt ux apprenticeship please let me know im really stressing right now😞

hey, at what stage did they ask you for a portfolio? interview or assessment centre?
they don't ask for a portfolio, i got offered the job last week!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by killimonshem

wow congrats!! how long did you wait between interview, assessment centre and getting an offer?
Original post by killimonshem

heyy congratss ! how was the video interview and assessment centre ? where the question straight forward like normal job interview questions ? i have the video interview to do for the BT one
Original post by Grade9girl

oh wow, why did you switch, and how did you find the shift from science to business like. ux design seems so cool
heyy congratss ! how was the video interview and assessment centre ? where the question straight forward like normal job interview questions ? i have the video interview to do for the BT one

yh they're basic interview questions like why this company, why this programme, any challenges etc. Just prepare for it as you would any other interview. All the best!
is anyone still waiting for an assessment centre date?
Original post by h03amed
is anyone still waiting for an assessment centre date?

me

Thanks,

To be fair it was a mixture of job interview questions and different tasks they set you. Without revealing too much, they don't expect you to know how to do the role (although my knowledge put me in a favourable position), but they want to see how you work with others and how you approach things.

I was ******** myself the entire day and honestly stumbled on all my words lmao but I guess they saw past that and thought I was a very strong candidate.
Original post by h03amed
wow congrats!! how long did you wait between interview, assessment centre and getting an offer?

About 6-8 weeks in total, some of the staff had booked annual leave apparently so we waited much longer than usual. Considering I applied back in 2021, it's been a very long process lol.
Thanks for letting me know and congratulations! 👏👏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending