The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

MIDDLESEX literacy and numeracy tests

Hello, I have my middlesex test next Saturday for child nursing, having failed my LSBU one because of maths, i am really worried about the middlesex one! maths is not my strong point, therefore i am currently having some maths lessons. I just wondered if anyone has done it, and if they can give me a heads up on what its like! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Middlesex one is calculator based. So don't forget to take one :-) I had mine last weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Original post by kelz8241
Middlesex one is calculator based. So don't forget to take one :-) I had mine last weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will try and remember one! Oh cool, how did you find it?? Apparently the maths is multiple choice?
Reply 3
I had mine this Wednesday, it is multiple choice and a calculator paper. Plenty of questions, quite a lengthy test but I did not find it hard - more basic than other numeracy tests I have done.
Reply 4
Original post by Nanodae
I had mine this Wednesday, it is multiple choice and a calculator paper. Plenty of questions, quite a lengthy test but I did not find it hard - more basic than other numeracy tests I have done.

Howabout the english? What was the essat question like. Can you give me headsup about the essay question topics so i can familiarise myself?
Reply 5
Original post by Ezgiix
Howabout the english? What was the essat question like. Can you give me headsup about the essay question topics so i can familiarise myself?

It was two scenario based questions, you had to pick one and write what you would do in that situation - nothing really you could revise for, unlike other uni's who have essay questions such as 'Why do you want to be a nurse?'
Reply 6
Original post by Nanodae
It was two scenario based questions, you had to pick one and write what you would do in that situation - nothing really you could revise for, unlike other uni's who have essay questions such as 'Why do you want to be a nurse?'

Ohhh okay thanks so muchh !!
Reply 7
Original post by Nanodae

Hun ,

Is it true that they dint have a comprehension task for their english test. I spoke to admissions and they fully stressed me out. He said no comprehension just essay. He wasnt helpful at all. What kind of an essay is it? Can u be more open?
Reply 8
Original post by Ezgiix
Hun ,

Is it true that they dint have a comprehension task for their english test. I spoke to admissions and they fully stressed me out. He said no comprehension just essay. He wasnt helpful at all. What kind of an essay is it? Can u be more open?

Yes that is true. No comprehension just one written task for the English test. It isn't an essay exactly more of a writing exercise, they will have two questions on the paper and you select one and write what you would do in that given situation. They are scenario based, so again not really something you can prepare for. As long as your spelling, grammar and punctuation is fine - you will be okay :smile: I believe they look more to how you write with the correct grammar, tense etc rather than the content. Make sure you do not write too little either - they may mark you down for the length not being appropriate.
Reply 9
I've heard I've passed and have an interview next week. Eeeek

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats xx
Reply 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :smile: How long did you have to wait? I did my tests on the 20th Jan and still yet to hear back.
It took about 13 days to hear back. Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Girls was there any questions on best value for money and ratios? Im so nervous my test is at 1pm today 😖
I can't even remember, but it's a calculator, so take a scientific calculator. They don't have spared to give out. Good luck :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hi everyone!
I've passe Maths and English test and I got an interview next week!!!
does anyone been in the interview??
can you give me some info about types of question that they asked pleaseeee ?
Hiya, I have and I've got an offer. Just literally do the questions in the paperwork, they stick to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
hi, Can you please tell me about how the interview was? I passed my math and English test and got an interview next week!!!
The interview was fine, they were really nice, just research the two questions they emailed you about, and make sure you know the qualities of a nurse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending