The Student Room Group

Why do people bully?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davidguettafan
But isn't it usually the opposite? They are bullied by parents and then pass this on by bullying their classmates

I'm not saying that that doesn't happen; I'm saying that even if the parents don't bully the kids, kids can still turn out to be bullies, then the problem becomes an issue of parents not being able to control their mongrels.
I feel like I was bullied because of who I am as a person, there were flaws about me and it was easy for people to point them out. I find the bullies are more at fault than the parents, unless they're bought up in an environment where bullying is encouraged.

But god doesn't exist as we both know!

God may not exist for you or me, but God does exist for some people.
Original post by Craig1998
I feel like I was bullied because of who I am as a person, there were flaws about me and it was easy for people to point them out. I find the bullies are more at fault than the parents, unless they're bought up in an environment where bullying is encouraged.

God may not exist for you or me, but God does exist for some people.

How can parents NOT be at fault if their children are bullies?
How can parents NOT be at fault if their children are bullies?

There can be other factors at play. Like:
- Something biological, e.g. a brain dysfunction that causes their child to act more aggressively, hostile.
- Peer pressure, if the child is friends with bullies, the child may think that bullying is a correct behaviour.
- The parents may not realise the behaviour is going on, and so cannot stop it.
- Social coersion, everybody else is doing it.
Original post by Craig1998
There can be other factors at play. Like:
- Something biological, e.g. a brain dysfunction that causes their child to act more aggressively, hostile.
- Peer pressure, if the child is friends with bullies, the child may think that bullying is a correct behaviour.
- The parents may not realise the behaviour is going on, and so cannot stop it.
- Social coersion, everybody else is doing it.

I see

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending