The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Either would be fine. Both are used here, Macs might have slightly more problems but not considerably. They're both supported anyway. xx
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Macs wipe the floor with PCs, there's no way I'll ever buy another rubbish windows running machine...
mousey
They're both supported anyway.

The mac support in the university is still in its very early stages and is, from my recent experience, even worse than the PC support.
Reply 4
ChemistBoy
The mac support in the university is still in its very early stages and is, from my recent experience, even worse than the PC support.

Oh, I didn't realise this. I was going to recommend a mac, since they are so much better for graphics and design than PCs, but perhaps not, given this? I have some architecture student friends and they're all saving up for macs though.
sssh
Oh, I didn't realise this. I was going to recommend a mac, since they are so much better for graphics and design than PCs, but perhaps not, given this? I have some architecture student friends and they're all saving up for macs though.

To be fair all the tech support at the university is given by jobsworths with no ability whatsoever unless you get access to certain school computer techs (unlikely as an undergrad). I very much enjoyed using my mac during my PhD (whilst the university didn't support them) and I never had a problem, the technical support given by apple was more than good enough.
Reply 6
Thanks for the responses people, i fink ima get a mac, because as i understand i can stil use XP using bootcamp on my mac. Im going to wait till oct because leopard comes out then, and itll come free with the laptop so i wont hav to buy it.

Latest

Trending

Trending