The Student Room Group

What a guy does when he's serious

How do you treat a girl you're in love with, want to be with, someone you're not messing around with?

And how do you treat a girl you just want to casually date?

What does a girl do that makes up your mind about her, or is it a feeling right from the start?
Firstly, it is not a petty feeling, it a rational decision to commit to someone without distortions like 'feeling', this is why the divorce rate is so high.

Secondly, if someone is very serious with you, they will avoid flirting/touching with others, they will not speak negatively you beyond your back, and they will make you feel comfortable enough to tell them anything that concerns you.

Of course the result in the second case is usually the girl decides the guy is too familiar and pursues someone else.

So we have a cycle whereby no one actually gets what they want. Dumb system really.
Reply 2
He doesn't leave the toilet seat up.
Reply 3
If a girl interested in a serious relationship were to tell you right from the beginning, 1st time they meet, that she wants something serious, would that scare a guy? (of course that will vary from person to person, I'm just nervous how to approach my own situation here and I'm trying not to get messed around again by those not committed)
To state your intention of a relationship as soon as you meet someone you're interested in? That's a no from me
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
To state your intention of a relationship as soon as you meet someone you're interested in? That's a no from me

What I keep experiencing is:
At the beginning of dating, I show interest but don't sleep with them for the first few dates, meet their friends, even sometimes family..
and then 3/4 months down the line they've not called you their girlfriend, you ask them about it, and suddenly ''oh i'm not ready for anything serious''

:/
Original post by shawn_o1

I'd run a mile too.

If it's someone you're interested in, please don't do what someone did to me - he was so clingy towards me. It's so off putting.
Original post by Anonymous
How do you treat a girl you're in love with, want to be with, someone you're not messing around with?

And how do you treat a girl you just want to casually date?

What does a girl do that makes up your mind about her, or is it a feeling right from the start?

The answer to these questions has little or nothing to do with a bloke. The question I put to you, is how would you expect to be treated in the above situations? And if your expectations are not being met, then either there is a disconnect that probably requires a frank conversation or the chap in question is not the right one for you.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
If a girl interested in a serious relationship were to tell you right from the beginning, 1st time they meet, that she wants something serious, would that scare a guy? (of course that will vary from person to person, I'm just nervous how to approach my own situation here and I'm trying not to get messed around again by those not committed)

I'd actually love this to happen

I'm not interested in getting into anything that doesn't have the potential to be something more, and it'd be great to know that the other person felt the same :h:
Depends on the person

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending