The Student Room Group

Durham AS resit

I have applied to medicine and was wondering do Durham allow you to resit an AS module as long as it is still within the first 2 years of study? I want to resit my chem 3 empa but can't find anything on their website
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Original post by johhnysmithy1
I have applied to medicine and was wondering do Durham allow you to resit an AS module as long as it is still within the first 2 years of study? I want to resit my chem 3 empa but can't find anything on their website

Generally for all medical schools in the UK as long as your A levels are taken within 2 years, this is acceptable.
Reply 3
Original post by johhnysmithy1

Newcastle and Durham have stated they do not allow resits, even of AS modules within the 2 year period of A2 study in the past. For 2017 entry, the wording has changed slightly, so I would ring admissions and ask. Having said that, there have been lots of instances of people who have got in despite having resat modules, as well as people who have not been interviewed, despite meeting the UKCAT cut-off, apparently because they have declared resits on their UCAS form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending