The Student Room Group

BA Fine Art 2016 applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gjs2
Rejection emails ?

track notification, not necessarily an email tho
Reply 181
Yeah that's what I meant I just got a UCAS rejection and was wondering if anyone else has.
Original post by gjs2
Yeah that's what I meant I just got a UCAS rejection and was wondering if anyone else has.

yeah yeah i did too, don't worry, i totally thought i'd been singled out as it seems early. i think i'm gonna reapply, not sure though
same...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 184
I was just watching the application statistics at http://university.which.co.uk/

Some places like Chelsea, CSM and Camberwell Fine Art has about 27-33 % of applicants receiving offers.

So theres only 150-200 applicants? Isn't that kind of low, considering there are like 40-50 places or so on those courses, and that there are quite a few who don't attend the interviews and choose something else if they get in. That means about 1/3 are offered a place.

In comparison, in Sweden it's typically about 1-2 that are accepted for every 50 applicants at our art colleges, that is a huuuuuuge difference.
Original post by maxlar
I was just watching the application statistics at http://university.which.co.uk/

Some places like Chelsea, CSM and Camberwell Fine Art has about 27-33 % of applicants receiving offers.

So theres only 150-200 applicants? Isn't that kind of low, considering there are like 40-50 places or so on those courses, and that there are quite a few who don't attend the interviews and choose something else if they get in. That means about 1/3 are offered a place.

In comparison, in Sweden it's typically about 1-2 that are accepted for every 50 applicants at our art colleges, that is a huuuuuuge difference.

One of the courses at the GSA has an acceptance rate of 11%, I think.
Perhaps you should check out the courses at GSA and ECA? The two institutions are very competitive, and people say it's hard to get in.
Original post by gjs2
Did anyone get an email about slade ?

I got an offer yesterday.
Original post by Apieceofcabbage
Hey!! Really late here haha. I applied to GSA, ECA, DJCAD and GRAYS. I applied for contemporary arts at grays and was offered a place, same with Edinburgh for painting but im going to decline Edinburgh. My first choice is the general foundation at DJCAD, so im really hoping for that. Is anyone else? I was rejected for p&p at GSA which im okay with because i didnt want to go there anyway.

hi, congratulations on the offers!! i applied for painting and printmaking at gsa, which i had an interview for, and painting at edinburgh and got an offer for that and i applied to the general course at djcad too. i'm still not sure about where my first choice is :frown:
Applied to Brighton (fine art critical practice) CSM, Goldsmiths and Plymouth college of art, all for fine art :-) have interviews for all, only had my Brighton one on Monday and thought it went so well! Keep checking my emails frantically.... anyone know how long Brighton usually take to give offers?
Reply 189
has anyone applied to Fine Art at Falmouth or Critical practice at Brighton?? i got offers from both but don't know which course to go to ;//
Reply 190
Original post by alannahlamb
Applied to Brighton (fine art critical practice) CSM, Goldsmiths and Plymouth college of art, all for fine art :-) have interviews for all, only had my Brighton one on Monday and thought it went so well! Keep checking my emails frantically.... anyone know how long Brighton usually take to give offers?

about a week for me
Reply 191
Original post by veama_
has anyone applied to Fine Art at Falmouth or Critical practice at Brighton?? i got offers from both but don't know which course to go to ;//

I applied to the critical practise one- looks like a good course to me
both quite different options! i suppose it will depend how much art theory/critical practise vs art making time you want.
Reply 192

I got an offer for brighton after a day, so you should be told between 1-7 days,
glad it went well :smile:
Original post by caralouiser
hi, congratulations on the offers!! i applied for painting and printmaking at gsa, which i had an interview for, and painting at edinburgh and got an offer for that and i applied to the general course at djcad too. i'm still not sure about where my first choice is :frown:
hey i opened a thread called DJCAD 2016/17 come chat there cause there is alot of other stuff on this one and i didn't realise!!
I'd recommend doing a foundation as well. I applied to both foundations and degrees from sixth form, and I've got offers from places I didn't even have interviews for last year. Your work will develop so much on a foundation and Universities take you more seriously as applicants. If you can get onto a degree course straight from school now then you could probably get into a much more competitive course after a foundation. I did my foundation at MMU and I think that their foundation is fantastic.

How did your Goldsmiths interview go?
Reply 196
Anyone had there goldsmiths interview yet ? Had mine yesterday 🙃
Original post by gjs2
Anyone had there goldsmiths interview yet ? Had mine yesterday 🙃

I had mine yesterday too! How did yours go?
Reply 198
Original post by Hannahprizeman
I had mine yesterday too! How did yours go?

I thought it went really well! (don't want to speak too soon though haha) The student who went in with me said she was impressed, so hopefully she wasn't just trying to be nice hahaha Everyone kept telling me how brutal they are but in mine it really wasn't the case, If anything it was just like having a critical discussion with a tutor! I think after my slade one it couldn't really get any more intimidating aha. They didn't look at my essay which I found really surprising as they had made a point to bring it along.. Thats the one thing thats putting me off Goldsmiths is the amount of written work that goes along with the course, as I don't want it to end up eating into the time I'm actually making the art. I was also surprised they didn't show you round at the end, like they had done for all my other interviews? I looked round last year but was looking forward to having a re cap :frown: As well they don't let you look round accommodation, and the photos online don't exactly sell it haha I do really like Goldsmiths though and the way they have lots of visiting artists and tutorials. It's going to be hard to make a decision If they did give me an offer :-((((((( Is Goldsmiths your first choice ?
Reply 199
hey sorry for randomly asking but is anybody doing fine art at csm? I've looked everywhere to see if anyone has picked it!

Quick Reply

Latest