The Student Room Group

BA Fine Art 2016 applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Everyone's already heard back and I haven't had an email back from Chelsea or goldsmiths yet 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
Reply 241
Original post by Hannahprizeman
Two of my friends have rejected it for Chelsea strangely!

I literally can't find anyone on my course haha! And yeah I've heard of a few people who've chose Chelsea over CSM I think it's because of pathways and what not and at Chelsea you can do whatever you want
Reply 242
Original post by a_cmm
ahh that would be cool :smile:
I have visited a few times and really like the communal feel of the studio space which mixes different year groups. I quite like to feel challenged (bc it makes me work harder) and I think the high quality of student and tutor and largish size of the course (about 90 per year i think) will provide this environment. I also know of people on the course who are happy with it.
My interview was quite intense- lots of questions about my work really getting me to think about every aspect of it, but I feel I answered the questions clearly so was content afterwards.
Where else do you have offers from ?

I only visited the campus when I had my interview. One of the students told me I could walk around lol. I found a 3rd year student who showed me her studio on the top floor other then that I didn't really see much else.

My interview was weird they keep throwing these looks at each other, I couldn't read them at all either lol

Central Saint Martins, Chelsea, Bournemouth and Loughborough. Have you had any other offers ?
I got my rejection from Goldsmiths today! So accepted Chelsea. So weird, I thought my interview went well.
Reply 244
Original post by eHAWA
I only visited the campus when I had my interview. One of the students told me I could walk around lol. I found a 3rd year student who showed me her studio on the top floor other then that I didn't really see much else.

My interview was weird they keep throwing these looks at each other, I couldn't read them at all either lol

Central Saint Martins, Chelsea, Bournemouth and Loughborough. Have you had any other offers ?

Yeah they are notoriously difficult to read...
Yep Manchester met and Brighton (both joint fine art/art history/critical practise) I like both courses but goldsmiths just tops them for me

Well done on your offers! Good to have lots of choices to decide from despite its difficulties
Reply 245
Original post by flora107
Thanks!! It was for the Fine Art and History of Art BA

Congrats on your offer! I got the same as you! Do you think you're going to take it?
Original post by eHAWA
Well done! I also got an offer from Goldsmiths today. Is Goldsmiths your firm choice? . I got an offer from all my choices but I'm scared of choosing the wrong place

Congrats too!
Same!! Im undecided between Goldsmiths and Chelsea ... My place at Chelsea is for 2017 though as i wanted to go traveling before but Goldsmiths doesn't accept deferred applications.
No idea what to do, where else have you applied?
Original post by ^^^^
Congrats on your offer! I got the same as you! Do you think you're going to take it?

Thanks! Well done !
I think i will probably take it... still undecided between them and Chelsea
have you accepted it yet?
Reply 248
Thanks! Well done !
I think i will probably take it... still undecided between them and Chelsea
have you accepted it yet?

I'm undecided between them and Glasgow! Feeling a lil clueless atm...
grats on the offers!! got one yesterday from goldsmiths which i'll probably firm... also have offers from csm and chelsea but smiths outweighs for me
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 250
Original post by a_cmm
Yeah they are notoriously difficult to read...
Yep Manchester met and Brighton (both joint fine art/art history/critical practise) I like both courses but goldsmiths just tops them for me

Well done on your offers! Good to have lots of choices to decide from despite its difficulties

Well done on yours too ! My experience at Goldsmiths was nice however having other people give it a positive is helping my final decision so much more, so thankyou ! :smile:
Reply 251
Congrats too!
Same!! Im undecided between Goldsmiths and Chelsea ... My place at Chelsea is for 2017 though as i wanted to go traveling before but Goldsmiths doesn't accept deferred applications.
No idea what to do, where else have you applied?

I also got into chelsea! :smile: , it is my second choice i'd say maybe after goldsmiths. Chelsea was really nice, they had a good sense of community however not much materials I might like to use , like a dark room ect. It felt soo comfortable too.

As people have told me on here Goldsmiths tops Chelsea, or that it is first out of all my universities I should consider however in your case you could always apply again after your year out ?
The others were Chelsea, Central Saint Martins, Bournemouth and Loughborough
Original post by Jm9900
Anybody on here accepted an offer to study at central Saint martins? Trying to find people haha!

Yeah !! I'll see you in sept? hahaha
Reply 253
Original post by paintbrush
Yeah !! I'll see you in sept? hahaha

Yes!! Finally found someone! Did they tell you what pathway you'll be in?
Original post by Jm9900
Yes!! Finally found someone! Did they tell you what pathway you'll be in?

Am I supposed to do that now? People who are on the course now said they chose in September when they got there. Thinking I will do 4D. You?
Reply 255
Oh well my friends there now and she said that whatever tutor told you the pathway they thought was suited to your work was the choice you got when you joined, cause she got a XD tutor that interviewed her and she's in XD but I don't know haha! And same here 4D! All my portfolio was just videos and installations so I assumed that I'd be in that pathway
Original post by Jm9900
Oh well my friends there now and she said that whatever tutor told you the pathway they thought was suited to your work was the choice you got when you joined, cause she got a XD tutor that interviewed her and she's in XD but I don't know haha! And same here 4D! All my portfolio was just videos and installations so I assumed that I'd be in that pathway

Oh, well you can choose at CSM but my interview was different because it was not an official interview, it was a panel of a bunch of UAL tutors from all colleges listening to me talk for 2 mins. It's a different process because I am doing foundation at Camberwell. Anyway I'm excited to meet you! PM me
Reply 257
Original post by paintbrush
Oh, well you can choose at CSM but my interview was different because it was not an official interview, it was a panel of a bunch of UAL tutors from all colleges listening to me talk for 2 mins. It's a different process because I am doing foundation at Camberwell. Anyway I'm excited to meet you! PM me

Oh didn't realise you did foundation at camberwell! Oh fair enough sure I'll message you now!
Anyone else still waiting for newcastle? I havent heard back from them.
Reply 259
Anyone going to Goldsmiths next year? I've just firmed it as my top choice with CSM as my insurance. Trying to find people who are going!

Quick Reply

Latest