The Student Room Group

exam stories

what is your scariest/weirdest/ funniest thing that has happened to u in an exam? and what are you nervous for when you sit your exams in the summer???

mine was forgetting how to spell my surname on the paper hopefully don't do that again!!

Scroll to see replies

The scariest thing? when a phone rang during one of my exams.
In our exam hall at school we had Windows that opened automatically but they made the most annoying noise that could probably be heard throughout the school and we had this annoying invigilator woman who would always say (before every exam!) "I'm just going to open the windows" cue: scruuuuncheeekkkkkbeeeeerrrrrkkk!!!! As if exams weren't stressful enough!
Reply 3
Original post by chris2791
what is your scariest/weirdest/ funniest thing that has happened to u in an exam? and what are you nervous for when you sit your exams in the summer???

mine was forgetting how to spell my surname on the paper hopefully don't do that again!!

This wasn't an exam but it was the speaking and listening french test and we had been learning our paragraphs for like a month and then when the actual test came I said the script once to him, it was really bad then he literally just gave me my script and he just told me to read my script and act like i'm not reading off a script.

I'm nervous about a lot of things but the thing that scares me right now are the English Language grade boundaries and how they're marked. Like one minute i'm on a B/C then the next one i'm on an F-.
When I finish an exam/test i start to tap my foot softly as i can see that some people are still writing(nerves I guess) but one day i was so nervous my foot went into overdrive it started to hit the table so I had to push it down with my hand:biggrin: the invigilator came up to me. He asked " Are you Ok?" obviously concerned i had a serious problem. I stupidly replied "I need the Loo" . I was told to hold it and stop being a distraction whilst others were still working :angry::angry:
I had a coughing fit in the exam hall once. There were probably 200 other students in the room and it was awkward af. I just couldn't stop for 10 minutes straight XD I was offered water 3 times haha
Funniest- in our mocks when the invigilator fell off her chair! Her own fault tbh. She was like 70 and swinging on her chair like she was 6.
Funniest thing - me passing one of my exams
Original post by danielwinstanley
Funniest thing - me passing one of my exams

Well done then :lol: Obviously, you weren't expecting it
Original post by hxfsxh
Well done then :lol: Obviously, you weren't expecting it

I haven't sat my exams - and won't for another year and a half - but I suppose I can dream :u:
HAHAHAHA I REMEMBER WHEN YOU POSTED THE FORGETTING YOUR SURNAME THING IN A DIFFERENT THREAD
I still think about that a lot :')
Reply 11
Original post by defenestrated
HAHAHAHA I REMEMBER WHEN YOU POSTED THE FORGETTING YOUR SURNAME THING IN A DIFFERENT THREAD
I still think about that a lot :':wink:

Me too im so worried that i will forget it but ive asked the invigilator to guide me through the process !!!! Of the admin bit on the paper
Original post by hxfsxh
Funniest- in our mocks when the invigilator fell off her chair! Her own fault tbh. She was like 70 and swinging on her chair like she was 6.

this is hilarious! id have proper laughed
Original post by shawtyb
this is hilarious! id have proper laughed

We all knew we couldn't laugh because we'd get in trouble, so you could just hear this monotonous heavy breathing from everyone in the hall trying not to laugh.
Reply 14
I was drinking some water and spilled some on my exam paper. I had to spend 5 minutes trying to dry it without damaging the paper, or affecting the ink
Reply 15
Also, in a maths challenge, one boy was just playing around with this table, and he must have accidentally pulled a lever or something so it immediately collapsed and you could just see desperately trying to grab the leg to stop it falling.

Looked like he was playing twister with the table
Original post by SGHD26716
Also, in a maths challenge, one boy was just playing around with this table, and he must have accidentally pulled a lever or something so it immediately collapsed and you could just see desperately trying to grab the leg to stop it falling.

Looked like he was playing twister with the table

i laughed SO hard at this
Once upon a time
This annoying invigilator, in every single exam, decides to blow his nose and make tapping noises with his foot.
One day karma decides to pay him a visit..
he tripped and chocked on his water
and no one has seen him ever since..

The end:colone::laugh:
A pigeon flew into the exam hall. :cry2: It was terrifying.
In one of our mocks when the invigilators told us to start and as soon as one boy put his hand down on the desk to start writing the table literally collapsed on the floor - the whole room including the invigilators were laughing/trying not to laugh😂
Oh and in our school we have an invigilator who breathes like darth Vader (no joke) and on the day of my RE exam decides to stand right behind me for the whole 1 hr 45 mins - wasn't distracting at all!!!😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest