The Student Room Group

I think my teacher likes me

I am 15 and my teacher is 30. He always stares at me a lot and when I catch him staring at me he will blush and look away. He acts really nervous around me, and makes stupid jokes to try and make me laugh when I am around him. He laughs a lot around me, but seems anxious. He always speaks to me in a nicer tone than he does to everyone else, and will ask if I am OK. Sometimes he smiles at me, but sometimes he acts very nervous. When I am in his lessons I always feel him staring at me and watching me. He does not stare in a creepy way, because when I catch him looking, he blushes and has a strange look in his eyes- it is not creepy but I don't quite know what it is. He normally tries to impress me by making jokes, and then looking over at me to see if I am laughing. Another thing is that if I talk all lesson (and he can hear me talking) he will not tell me off, but will tell everybody else off for talking. Basically he treats me different from other students, but in a protective, caring manner.

When he stares at me, he looks at me in a strange way, like he is in awe. And this has been going on for 4 years consistently, but is more consistent now as I am older and more mature. I am just going to add that in NO WAY do I try and get his attention- I just treat him like any other teacher.

Does he like me?

Scroll to see replies

Its time u changed schools

Posted from TSR Mobile
It looks like it. Or he might be obsessed by girls half his age. Either way, I suggest you stay away from him- distance yourself. I know it sounds rude and wrong but it's not right.

Also, perhaps you can talk to him about this?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by sahra30013
It looks like it. Or he might be obsessed by girls half his age. Either way, I suggest you stay away from him- distance yourself. I know it sounds rude and wrong but it's not right.

Also, perhaps you can talk to him about this?:smile:

No, he is only obsessed with me. How do you think I should talk to him?
Reply 4
Original post by : Nirmal :
Its time u changed schools

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in Yr 11 so am leaving in a few months!
Reply 5
Cringed so much while reading that :redface:
Sorry to hear that, but you should talk to him and tell him that he makes you feel uncomfortable. This is unacceptable and even more inappropriate behaviour ://
is he hot?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
is he hot?

Yes he is actually very hot!
No, he is only obsessed with me. How do you think I should talk to him?

You don't have to follow my advice but I suggest:-

During class, go to him and ask for help I dunno in a question. Then, slowly but casually say that mr whatever should stop staring and say that you are appreciate that he is concerned about my progress but then say it's okay, you know what I mean.

Or you could be straight and tell him to stop and that you find it quite disturbing.

By the way, what does he teach you?
Reply 9
Original post by sahra30013
You don't have to follow my advice but I suggest:-

During class, go to him and ask for help I dunno in a question. Then, slowly but casually say that mr whatever should stop staring and say that you are appreciate that he is concerned about my progress but then say it's okay, you know what I mean.

Or you could be straight and tell him to stop and that you find it quite disturbing.

By the way, what does he teach you?

He teaches me maths
Are you the girl who's been constantly making threads about their teacher over the last few months? If so, you need to stop because he doesn't like you.

If you're not, then try to ignore it for the last few months. If you can't then talk to him and tell him you feel uncomfortable.
Original post by georgiaswift
Are you the girl who's been constantly making threads about their teacher over the last few months? If so, you need to stop because he doesn't like you.

If you're not, then try to ignore it for the last few months. If you can't then talk to him and tell him you feel uncomfortable.

No this is my first thread
If he's hot then it shouldn't be a problem :O
Reply 13
May be you are just a teacher's pet
I am 15 and my teacher is 30. He always stares at me a lot and when I catch him staring at me he will blush and look away. He acts really nervous around me, and makes stupid jokes to try and make me laugh when I am around him. He laughs a lot around me, but seems anxious. He always speaks to me in a nicer tone than he does to everyone else, and will ask if I am OK. Sometimes he smiles at me, but sometimes he acts very nervous. When I am in his lessons I always feel him staring at me and watching me. He does not stare in a creepy way, because when I catch him looking, he blushes and has a strange look in his eyes- it is not creepy but I don't quite know what it is. He normally tries to impress me by making jokes, and then looking over at me to see if I am laughing. Another thing is that if I talk all lesson (and he can hear me talking) he will not tell me off, but will tell everybody else off for talking. Basically he treats me different from other students, but in a protective, caring manner.

When he stares at me, he looks at me in a strange way, like he is in awe. And this has been going on for 4 years consistently, but is more consistent now as I am older and more mature. I am just going to add that in NO WAY do I try and get his attention- I just treat him like any other teacher.

Does he like me?

I think you know that there is nothing you can do, if he was to try anything then he would lose his job.
Sounds like he's just being friendly. If he starts hitting on you it's time to tell someone ASAP. If I were you I'd talk to a family member about it - may be awkward but they'll be able to understand and handle it with you.
Tell your form tutor or head of year, if you are to stay in the same school for sixth form. If this has been going on for four years, that's even worse, the guy is a pedo to you and you should have told much sooner. If you're going to a different sixth form then there's no point telling now.
Maybe he's secretly your real dad!:eek:

...but seriously, even though it's hard, try and ignore it as much as you can :frown:
If he's hot then it shouldn't be a problem :O

....:wtf:
Reply 19

Does he like me?

I have a 13 year old son and I am not much older than your teacher ( I am 31). So I kind of say this with concern as a parent but also as someone who worked with vulnerable young people: do not entertain this man's actions.

I probably sound like a real oldie when I say this but at 15, 16 and 17 you are still growing into your identity and it would be best if you ignored what this guy is doing. It becomes a problem IF he makes advances towards you.

By law there is no actual evidence of him doing anything so even if you report it, it cannot be formally investigated WITHOUT tangible evidence.

*side note: The guy sounds like a bit of a lech to be honest.

Latest

Trending

Trending