The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trav_
What's the wifi like in the dorms? I've applied to Winchester, Worcester and Southampton. Looking for an idea on the wifi if possible?

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this, the wifi varies at different universities. I would recommend contacting the universities you have applied for and asking them.

I hope that helps.

Ben
Hi Ben,

I am really worried about making friends at uni and I'm quite shy. Is there anything I could bring to uni to help me make friends. What are your tips for making great life long friends at uni?
Original post by maddepadde
Hi:smile:

I'll most likely live on campus my first year, but the off-campus the three others. Is there a way I can bring my dog with me from Norway to any off-campus residence my second year? I am applying to Bath, Durham, Bristol, Southampton, and Queen Mary if that makes any difference.

Also, would it be possible for my dog to live with someone else off campus (I'll take care of him and pay for everything ofc) during my first year? I can leave him home the first year, but I would prefer to bring him.

Hi,

No, unfortunately it is very unlikely you will be able to bring your dog from home. Most student residences both on and off campus have a no pets allowed policy.

Ben
Original post by FionaLM
What is the one thing that you must take with you when moving house? An old photograph, a cuddly toy, a certain DVD, a loyal room plant ;-) ??!

Hi,

Thanks for your question. I would recommend bringing that one thing that reminds you of home and this is different for everyone.

Good luck at starting university.

Ben
Original post by Elizabeth98
Hi Ben,

I am really worried about making friends at uni and I'm quite shy. Is there anything I could bring to uni to help me make friends. What are your tips for making great life long friends at uni?

Hi,

Yes, this is a common thing a lot of students starting unviersity worry about. You could bring a film to have a movie night with your flatmates to get to know them, or could cook altogether with your flatmates one day when you first arrive to get to know them better.

It is important to remember that everyone is in a simialr position when they first start university and university is a great way to meet lots of new people. I would also recommend joining some societies to get to know some more people.

I hope that answers your question and good luck starting university.

Ben
Hi Ben,

Would you recommend bringing a printer to university? I have heard the wait-times for printing can be incredibly long, so is it worth bringing a printer?

Thanks, Holly.
Original post by HollyAndrews
Hi Ben,

Would you recommend bringing a printer to university? I have heard the wait-times for printing can be incredibly long, so is it worth bringing a printer?

Thanks, Holly.

Hi,

This is really up to you, yes some students choose to bring their own printer but it is weighing up the costs of the printer vs the convenience of having one at uni. You will find university libraries have lots of printers so I've never found waiting times to be too bad.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Ben
Thanks Ben!If you didn't get chance to ask your question you'll find lots of helpful information on The Student Room, including everything you need to know about student finance on Student Finance England's dedicated zone.
Up next EU funding and migrant worker webchat with NASMA!

Latest

Trending

Trending