The Student Room Group

what could I do with two a levels?

I basically did **** in my GCSE's got 2 B's and 5 C's along with 2 btecs with a merit and pass, I am currently doing biology chemistry and psychology but i want to drop chemistry as 2 girls from my class have done so already as they said they found it too hard I am also struggling I revise daily but still perform poorly. Also my teacher cannot teach she rushes through hard topics now as our class is behind due to her taking a long time on easy simple topics which a minority of the class would struggle with -.-
What could I do at university with biology and psychology lets just say for arguments sake that I get an AB or AA?
I did want to do pharmaceutical science or biomedicine but this wouldn't be possible without chemistry.
Reply 1
youd have to take a points based course rather than one which requires grades. And pharmaceutical science/biomedicine would be impossible with only 2 A levels, sorry :/ x
i know that i wouldn't be able to do pharma and biomed but that would be if i drop chemistry, do you know where i can look at point based courses?
Reply 3
You could get a very high position in McDonalds, manager maybe
Reply 4
Original post by alevelstruggle12
I basically did **** in my GCSE's got 2 B's and 5 C's along with 2 btecs with a merit and pass, I am currently doing biology chemistry and psychology but i want to drop chemistry as 2 girls from my class have done so already as they said they found it too hard I am also struggling I revise daily but still perform poorly. Also my teacher cannot teach she rushes through hard topics now as our class is behind due to her taking a long time on easy simple topics which a minority of the class would struggle with -.-
What could I do at university with biology and psychology lets just say for arguments sake that I get an AB or AA?
I did want to do pharmaceutical science or biomedicine but this wouldn't be possible without chemistry.

i can spell FUDGE with my original gcses but after school i spent ages doing courses to get my levels back which i have successfully done and now im doing a BA honors degree :smile: theres always hope
Original post by Ekno
You could get a very high position in McDonalds, manager maybe

yeah sym.
Reply 6
i know that i wouldn't be able to do pharma and biomed but that would be if i drop chemistry, do you know where i can look at point based courses?

Well you'd have to look at the university requirements. If you go on the UCAS website and put in what grades you're predicted and what you're interested in, it should come up with a few possibilities x
Reply 7
It's probably best that you just stick with it, but it's up to you. You could just take your degree with the OU (http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/q71) if you feel you need to drop chemistry (you may find this difficult without having taken chemistry at a level though)...

Based upon your GCSE's and the fact you say your are working hard and struggling with A level Chemistry - what makes you think you are likely to get AA or AB in the other two A-levels?
Original post by maximum_entropy
Based upon your GCSE's and the fact you say your are working hard and struggling with A level Chemistry - what makes you think you are likely to get AA or AB in the other two A-levels?

more time to work on the other 2 less to worry about
more time to work on the other 2 less to worry about

Better to stick with three and up the workload or learn better ways of learning, so to speak.

Quick Reply

Latest