The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I dunno, I mean I have heard from the previous post that the unis send out letters of confirmation or something. Would that come through UCAS or not? If it was a confirmation letter, then I would be kind of curious, as it would ease some of the pressure of the results. But I always think, what if you've missed the required grades for a bit; you don't know and the unis know, would you open up the letter and see that they've not given you a place. Then can you still try and get a place by phoning up after you've seen your results.
What are the letters which come? Are they confirmation letters from the uni, or UCAS letter giving grades or what?
Reply 2
Seeing as my mail is normally delivered just shy of midday, I don't see this happening to me. However, I expect I probably would. Kind of takes the suspense out of the situation, though

For the AS results last year we got a bunch of people round early in the morning and had a big fry-up for. Everyone got chatting and in quite a good mood, it seemed that everyone benefitted from a social situation as it calmed their nerves :smile:
Reply 3
Has anyone else received an E-mail from UCAS? It wasn't really very helpful or informative.
Unregistered
Has anyone else received an E-mail from UCAS? It wasn't really very helpful or informative.

Yeah I got it, there was very little that we hadn't already considered or been adviced about in the "Advisory Letter" that came through the other week.
Reply 5
Expression
Yeah I got it, there was very little that we hadn't already considered or been adviced about in the "Advisory Letter" that came through the other week.

What Advisory letter! I haven't hear a word from Ucas since receiving my 'Audit statement' in March. Don't say I've got more to worry about now. Has everybody but me have an advisory letter? Oh - and what's in it anyway?
Thanks.
Reply 6
I got an email. Don't think I got a letter though.
Unregistered
What Advisory letter! I haven't hear a word from Ucas since receiving my 'Audit statement' in March. Don't say I've got more to worry about now. Has everybody but me have an advisory letter? Oh - and what's in it anyway?
Thanks.

i wouldnt worry- the letters on how clearing works and how ot find vacencies!

love Katy ***
Reply 8
i found the letter in my junk mail inbox-dont worry its not really important anyway
Expression

it was nothing like my letter...and it was nice of them to wish us good luck....almost like sending us all good luck cards...see i told you they would...ahh...nice people at ucas.

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
it was nothing like my letter...and it was nice of them to wish us good luck....almost like sending us all good luck cards...see i told you they would...ahh...nice people at ucas.

love Katy ***

Yeah OK, give them credit they did put "Good Luck" at the bottom on it.

Noticed they couldn't help another plug for Endsleigh Insurance...
Expression
Yeah OK, give them credit they did put "Good Luck" at the bottom on it.

Noticed they couldn't help another plug for Endsleigh Insurance...

its rediculas the amount of crap they send you. why do they need to send me so many "open a bank account with us" forms???

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
its rediculas the amount of crap they send you. why do they need to send me so many "open a bank account with us" forms???

love Katy ***

LOL. :tongue: By the time they'd sent me the details for HSBC Bank, I'd already visited my branch of the HSBC and sent off for it, and recieved it.

Barclay's I just werent going to open an account with...

Latest

Trending

Trending