The Student Room Group

what letters should I be looking for e.g MSc pgcert

I'm leaving (uk )collage for university so what type of course I'm I supposed to look for.the context being the the letters you found on on ucas such as MSc , MSc (PG), post graduate credits , pgcert
Original post by ad450805
I'm leaving (uk )collage for university so what type of course I'm I supposed to look for.the context being the the letters you found on on ucas such as MSc , MSc (PG), post graduate credits , pgcert

Most undergraduate (first) degrees in the UK will be "BA (Hons)" or "BSc (Hons)". Some courses (including pharmacy, law, medicine, and several others) use different terminology.

You're better-off ignoring the letters and focusing on whether it's an undergraduate degree (which you want) or a postgraduate degree (which you don't want).
Generally anything with a 'B' at the start will be undergraduate so look for those. On UCAS it does state 'Undergraduate' and 'Postgraduate' so just focus on the undergraduate (UG) ones :smile: There are some courses, for example MEng, which is slightly different but if you are looking into engineering, medicine etc then UCAS will explain what the difference is.
You will be better researching the qualifications in the specific country you are going to. A Masters in Scotland is an undergrad qual for example, and there are several countries where a 'Bachelors' is not deemed equivalent to a UK one, and you'd actually need their local Masters.

If you are at all unsure, the international requirement pages on many UK uni websites will state what is required for PG entry, so you can use that to work out what is the same as a UK undergrad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending