The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Gay life in York

I've received an offer from York to do biochemistry, and am seriously considering taking it up, but I'd really like to know more about the experience as a LGBT person in York. Is the LGBTQ society quite active, is there a good night life, friendly atmosphere? Thanks!
I'm wanting to know the same! Offer holder for TV and Film :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
I'd be interested in hearing more on this too, I've got an offer for History :smile:
Hi!

The LGBTQ society in York is quite active, and they host quite a few socials every term. Nightlife however is pretty poor on the gay scene. There are no "gay bars", other than "Thomas'" which isn't stricly a gay bar.
Reply 4
I also have an offer for Biochem and want to join the LGBTQ+soc! I heard that the nightlife in general is not amazing at York, which I personally am willing to put up with since I don't plan on going out multiple times a week. I believe it is quite easy to travel to other cities, so I plan to down to places like Leeds every so often to get my clubbing fix xD
The wider nightlife isn't amazing, but if that is your sort of thing, LGBTQ Social do lots of trips to the other northern cities and such. I'm a gay convenor and find it a welcoming environment personally. if you have any questions, or would like to get the email of any other identity's convenors, I hope i can help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending