The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
crankycaz
I prefer it when I get study leave. When I'm on my own I am more motivated and can focus better on doing revision than when I'm at school. These last few weeks of school are such a waste of time in some subjects. I'd rather be at home working through stuff myself.

Exactly! My study leave starts after next week which is just WAYY to late!! It should start in the beginning of May, damn dumb college. :confused: I might have to take this next off as an unofficial study leave :biggrin: But no EMA for me that means :frown: And I got my General Studies Unit 3 exam tomorrow :eek: Better start revising when I wake up later today then (00:45 at the moment of this post)
Anyone reject doing a subject?
Reply 22
I have been revising constantly and I've almost had enough lol. Particularly when I have to endure worthless exams such as General Studies :-(
Reply 23
Chiba_Revolution

business studies!!! i feel like killing myself now... no offence but its the crappiest subject i dont know y it exists!!! its completely useless
o yeah and i cant be bothered either ... a week to my exams though...
Reply 24
I really really cant be bothered. My exams start friday, I know no Biology/Chemstry/Psychology. Im screwed.
Chiba_Revolution

English, I know it'd benefit me to keep that lesson on instead of ICT - but I hate it so much that I can't wait to get the exam over with and then drop the lesson!
Reply 26
i really cant be bothered now, i started easter holidays and have being going to the library everyday after colej for about 3hours, but because i had an exam for philosophy recently i have managed to convince myself that i need to rest, so i havent revised properly for a week now, so as my punishment i am going to start going to library after college but when we go on study leave im gonna go library everyday (because i find it VERY hard to revise at home)

you have to be strict with yourself or else you wont get anything done. another thing is to think of results day, do you wanna be the person crying on the phone to your mum that you have failed and you life is over, or do you wanna be the one running and screaming madly waving the result paper around saying "I did it!" "i did it!"? i know which one i wanna be :biggrin:
Reply 27
Jozeesh
I think right now I'm going through the 'I'll start by making notes' phase, where i'm not learning anything but it makes me feel less guilty than doing nothing at all.. I'm so screwed.

I am in totally the same situation! I spent about 2 hours today literally re-writing my text book into notes. I don't think I actually learnt anything it all :frown: but it made me feel less guilty. :confused:
Reply 28
My complete horror at the thought of not meeting my Uni offer is gradually reaching a plateau of just about manageable gut-wrenching terror. For some reason, I find this better than revising. Totally can't be bothered with my life anymore :| I know I'm setting back the feminist rights movement about fifteen years right now, but I'd positively wet myself if a wealthy man turned up at my house tomorrow, asking me to marry him and be a kept woman.
i cant be ******ed either. IM suffering from some serious motivational problems here. Im off to my godparents in the country this friday. I HAVE to start revising soon otherwise im gonna die and my perfectly planned gap year will go down the pan.
Reply 30
Thelfo
My complete horror at the thought of not meeting my Uni offer is gradually reaching a plateau of just about manageable gut-wrenching terror. For some reason, I find this better than revising. Totally can't be bothered with my life anymore :| I know I'm setting back the feminist rights movement about fifteen years right now, but I'd positively wet myself if a wealthy man turned up at my house tomorrow, asking me to marry him and be a kept woman.

Preferably Irish :wink:
i can't be bothered this year because i can't actually remember anything for the exams! all the practice questions and things i've done i've had to use my notes!
i wish i'd carried english language onto A2 instead of RS - it was so much easier and my RS teachers are rubbish! they don't teach us anything! :mad:
Reply 32
Anyone else here who haven't been able to do the amount of work they're supposed to be doing or the amount of work they should be finishing?
Reply 33
I fall into that section.

1 Day Left Till Exams

30Mins Of Revision Done In The Last 2 Months.

Well i guess you can call me stupid, but in my defence i try.. but as soon as i sit down and open a book, my eyes start watering so i lay my head down on my book for 2 seconds saying i need a rest, but fall asleep.

I have all the books and information i need to start heavy revision, but I have no motivation.. its sad really.. and i dont know what to do :frown:
Reply 34
Just because you cant work doesnt mean you cant search. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=387756&page=2
Reply 35
yep im struggling with the 'i cant be bothered syndrome', but it only applies to one subject that i cant stand. I am definately dropping this subject. Infact, i didnt go to a revision session for this class (was at lunchtime) as my teacher is rubbish and knew i wouldnt learn anything and couldnt be bothered to go anyway as i revise so much better when im alone studying and she gave me the look of death and was really sarcastic about me not turning up and the fact that i apparently 'am going to fail'.
Reply 36
I always am.
-just dropped phyics a level cashed in AS as an A going to conentrate on bio, maths and chem - :bunny: feel so GREAT, now instead of 2 days untill y first exam I have 1 month!
Reply 38
Quicky
Exactly! My study leave starts after next week which is just WAYY to late!! It should start in the beginning of May, damn dumb college. :confused: I might have to take this next off as an unofficial study leave :biggrin: But no EMA for me that means :frown: And I got my General Studies Unit 3 exam tomorrow :eek: Better start revising when I wake up later today then (00:45 at the moment of this post)

i totally agree, if i lived a life without EMA installments it would of meant i woulda treated myself to a lot more days/lessons off sixthform! i dont break off untill next friday, which means revision feels impossible to start until then
ive got my s2 exam in 4 days and ive still got half the book to learn (not revise as ive got to teach it to myself) I really cant be ****ed!!!

Latest