The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Ask Us Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Holiner
Hi QUB, I've applied for the MSCi maths course which needs 3 As and I'm currently in my final A level year. Although I've been accepted, I'm worried I won't be able to get the grades as I'm struggling with Biology. If I don't accepted into the Masters course by a narrow margin (let's say I get ABB), will I get into the Bachelor's course with the option to potentially re apply for masters at the end of it or am I rejected full stop?

Would just like some peace of mind, will still try for 3As regardless.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Holiner,

This is a great question.

We just wanted to let you know that we have asked our team and hope to have an answer for you soon.

Thanks,

Team Queen's
(Stephen)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by Holiner
Hi QUB, I've applied for the MSCi maths course which needs 3 As and I'm currently in my final A level year. Although I've been accepted, I'm worried I won't be able to get the grades as I'm struggling with Biology. If I don't accepted into the Masters course by a narrow margin (let's say I get ABB), will I get into the Bachelor's course with the option to potentially re apply for masters at the end of it or am I rejected full stop?

Would just like some peace of mind, will still try for 3As regardless.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Holiner,

Great news! :clap2:

Applicants who fail to achieve the conditions of their offer for admission to the MSci Mathematics degree in August, but who meet the requirements for the BSc programme, would normally be offered a place on the BSc degree.

Students who commence the BSc degree in Mathematics may have the option of transferring to the MSci programme up to the end of Stage 2, depending on examination performance.

We hope that helps.

Team Queen's
(Stephen)
I emailed queens asking for feedback as to why I didn't get into my course. I did this over 2 weeks and still haven't gotten and reply. Is there any way that I can get it sooner ?
Reply 23
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi nell93,

That's a great question.

Our most recent figures show an additional 26 positions in Adult Nursing. So, currently, our places are:

Adult Nursing: 292
Mental Health Nursing: 46
Learning Disability Nursing: 30
Children's Nursing: 64

Midwifery: 35 Direct Entry Undergraduate

We hope that helps.

Team Queen's
(Stephen)

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for this information. Would be able to let me know as well one more thing, plase.

The school had said that the offers for nursing will be made on 5th of May. I was just wondering, is that the last or the first day when the offers will be given? Is there a chance that they will be send before 5th of May as well, since this is the last day on UCAS?

Thank you!
Original post by Wheredidshego
I emailed queens asking for feedback as to why I didn't get into my course. I did this over 2 weeks and still haven't gotten and reply. Is there any way that I can get it sooner ?

Hi Wheredidshego,

Thanks for getting in touch. We are currently receiving a high volume of requests for feedback. This can take a bit of time as these are prepared on an individual basis.
We know this wait can be frustrating, but we like to give detailed feedback so it is as useful as possible.

Please bear with us and we promise our team will be in contact soon.

Thanks,

Team Queen's
(Stephen)
Original post by nell93
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for this information. Would be able to let me know as well one more thing, plase.

The school had said that the offers for nursing will be made on 5th of May. I was just wondering, is that the last or the first day when the offers will be given? Is there a chance that they will be send before 5th of May as well, since this is the last day on UCAS?

Thank you!

Hi Nell93,

The offer will go out on the 5th May.

Good luck!

Team Queen's
(Stephen)
Good Luck Twitter.jpg
Reply 26
Hey, I've applied for Psychology quite early and I am still waiting to hear back from Queens. The deadline is approaching and I can't help it but feel a little worried. I am not sure whether the lack of response is a positive or negative indicator!
Reply 27
Original post by Lemmie
Hey, I've applied for Psychology quite early and I am still waiting to hear back from Queens. The deadline is approaching and I can't help it but feel a little worried. I am not sure whether the lack of response is a positive or negative indicator!

Me too! Still waiting:frown: Hopefully by Tuesday!
Hello, I'm applying through ucas extra, will I still be eligible for the scholarships for being an english student or was this only first time applicants not ucas extra?
Hello, I am currently a direct entry student (went directly into year 2 of a degree after completing a relevant HND).

Recently, for numerous reasons, I've been regretting my choice of going directly into 2nd year (skipping 1st year). This year has not went so well due to personal reasons (including health reasons) and I also feel like I have missed out on some important teaching which would have been done in the first year. I would really like to do it starting from 1st year of the degree.

I was wondering if I can start over from 1st year (of the same degree course). If so, how would I go about this and is there anything important I should know about it?

Also any info in terms of student finance funding.
hello, i was just wondering how many places you have in your geography and archeolgoy paleoecology and geography courses?
Reply 31
Hi
I have firmed Dentistry at Queens.
Is there any scholarships available for me?

Thanks

James
Do you have a question, but don't know who to ask:question:

Fear not, we're here to help.

Whether you would like to bank a scholarship, get on course for your dream career, check-in with accommodation, or just want to find out what the craic is really like in Belfast, we're here for you.

Alternatively, if you would like to ask us a question privately, simply click here: http://bit.ly/1SIosDu

So, go on, take a leaf out of Adele's book and say hello. You might just start something amazing.

Team QUB :hi:

12112786_10153716434929515_1875188449_o.jpg

Hi, I'm only asking since I couldn't find it on the website. In the entrance requirements section say for BSc Chemistry, it says 'Chemistry and a second science subject'. Would that could from the core sciences of Maths, Biology and Physics or would it be an extended list? If it is an extended list what is included in it? Thank you for your time :smile:
I'm still waiting for a reply to see if I was successful or not in getting a place on to the course I chose at Queens. Any idea how long it will take until I get a reply? I'm very stressed out at the moment because if I don't get in i'll need to arrange accommodation for my insurance choice as soon as possible.
My ucas is still pending gor my course in french and spanish. Im just wondering how much longer will it be before i know if i have been accepted or rejected. Thank you
Do you have a question, but don't know who to ask:question:

Fear not, we're here to help.

Whether you would like to bank a scholarship, get on course for your dream career, check-in with accommodation, or just want to find out what the craic is really like in Belfast, we're here for you.

Alternatively, if you would like to ask us a question privately, simply click here: http://bit.ly/1SIosDu

So, go on, take a leaf out of Adele's book and say hello. You might just start something amazing.

Team QUB :hi:

12112786_10153716434929515_1875188449_o.jpg

Hey guys. I'm just wondering about what we can use as ID when registering. I don't have a valid passport right now, and so can I use an ID card I got from validateuk.co.uk?
Hello :smile:
probably out of topic, but when will you give out answers to PhD applications? I applied for March 2017, when should I expect to know if i got in or not?
Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Lemmie

Hi Lemmie,

Sorry we missed your post. Hope you got the news you were waiting for!

If there is anything you need, just let us know.

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
Original post by Junip3rs
Me too! Still waiting:frown: Hopefully by Tuesday!

Hi Junip3rs,

Sorry we missed this. Hope you got good news!

If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to ask!

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
Original post by hannahbanana26
hello, i was just wondering how many places you have in your geography and archeolgoy paleoecology and geography courses?

Hi hannahbanana26,

Sorry we missed your post!

The target for the 2016 intake for both these courses combined was 70 in total. The targeted intake for 2017 is expected to be a similar number.

Hope this helps and if there is anything else you need, please let us know!

Team Queen's
(Kachela)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending