The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Ask Us Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nicolle W
Hi!

I know you may not have a straight answer, but I wondered if there was anyway you could know what stage the admissions team are at in sorting through applications for pscyhology? I applied on December 1st however on another forum I saw somebody had gotten word back who had applied on December 5th. If I knew I could hear soon I would be happy, I just hope my application is still still going to be processed as this doesn't seem to be done in chronological order? Any info would be really helpful :smile:

Hi there Nicolle W,

I understand entirely that this is a very anxious stage of the applications process for you. If you are concerned about your application the best thing would be to contact our admissions team directly at [email protected] or call them on 028 9097 3838 and they should be able to help. If you have your UCAS reference number at the ready it will help them to find you on the system.

Wishing you all the very best with your application and with your exams! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hi!

Me being a native speaker of Chinese from Hong Kong will be taking A level Chinese in the summer. Will QUB accept this A level for my offer ?
Thank you
Original post by MichaelChan16
Hi!

Me being a native speaker of Chinese from Hong Kong will be taking A level Chinese in the summer. Will QUB accept this A level for my offer ?
Thank you

Hi there MichaelChan16 :hello:

Can I ask which degree it is that you have applied for and I shall check this for you.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi there MichaelChan16 :hello:

Can I ask which degree it is that you have applied for and I shall check this for you.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

I applied for geography :smile:
I applied for geography :smile:

Also can I check have you received an offer already MichaelChan16?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Also can I check have you received an offer already MichaelChan16?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Yes I did, however my Chinese A level is my 4th A level. I am doing Geography, History and religious studies.
Yes I did, however my Chinese A level is my 4th A level. I am doing Geography, History and religious studies.

Hi again MichaelChan16,

I will check this out and get back to you when I have an answer.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi, I have received a conditional offer for your drama BA but have not received and interview/audition day yet it has been a week! is this normal? When will I get this information? Is there still a interview/ audition process???

Hi MichaelChan16,

I have spoken with our Admissions team and due to your query being so specific they have suggested it would be best to contact them directly at [email protected].

If you include your UCAS reference number they will be able to find you quickly on their system.

Best of luck with your studies!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Katie.D13
Hi, I have received a conditional offer for your drama BA but have not received and interview/audition day yet it has been a week! is this normal? When will I get this information? Is there still a interview/ audition process???

Hi there Katie.D13,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer! :clap2:

The invitations for interviews will be sent out over the next couple of weeks so hopefully you should hear something very soon.

Wishing you all the very best with your studies and your interview.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 90
Hello,

Can I ask if the offers for BSc Microbiology have been given out?

Thank You
Original post by Nugee
Hello,

Can I ask if the offers for BSc Microbiology have been given out?

Thank You

Hi Nugee,

As the closing date for UCAS applications was only a short time ago the Admissions office are still busily trying to process applicants but hopefully you should hear something back very soon.

If you are concerned about your application the best thing to do is contact Admissions directly either by telephoning them +44(0)28 9097 3838 or emailing them at [email protected] and have your UCAS reference number at the ready so they can find you on the system.

Wishing you the very best of luck!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi! I applied to pharmacy B230 in october and have yet to hear back? Have they already started giving out interview. I am also an international student.
Original post by sama1999
Hi! I applied to pharmacy B230 in october and have yet to hear back? Have they already started giving out interview. I am also an international student.

Hi sama1999,

If you email our International office at [email protected] providing them with your name, application number and letting them know that you have applied for Pharmacy, they will be able to help.

Wishing you all the very best with your application.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 94
Hi. I was looking at the English and Politics degree and saw that A-Level English is required. Is A-Level English Literature accepted? Also have an A in GCSE English. Thinking of applying through the Extra route so would like to know.
Have any invitations for interviews been sent out for Mental Health Nursing yet?

:redface:
Original post by RyanG.
Hi. I was looking at the English and Politics degree and saw that A-Level English is required. Is A-Level English Literature accepted? Also have an A in GCSE English. Thinking of applying through the Extra route so would like to know.

Hi there RyanG :hello:

An A-Level in either English Language or English Literature is acceptable for entry onto the English and Politics degree.

If you have any more questions just let me know.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Have any invitations for interviews been sent out for Mental Health Nursing yet?

:redface:

Hi Lizzipth_Floyd :wavey:

I've just spoken to our Admissions team who have said that the process of sending out invitations to interviews is still ongoing. They suggested that if you have any concerns about your application you can contact them directly and they will be able to help. You can telephone them on 028 9097 3838 or email them at [email protected].

Best of luck with your application! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 98
How lenient are admissions on GCSE grades on results day (i.e. clearing) - in particular regards to the PPE degree? Has it been a degree to previously go into clearing?
Original post by RyanG.
How lenient are admissions on GCSE grades on results day (i.e. clearing) - in particular regards to the PPE degree? Has it been a degree to previously go into clearing?

Hi RyanG,

I have checked this with Admissions for you and they have given the following response:

"Vacancies have been advertised via Clearing for suitably qualified applicants (i.e. applicants who meet the normal entrance requirements of grades AAA at A-level and GCSE Maths grade B) for PPE in the past, although there is no guarantee that this will be the case in the future.

As regards flexibility, in August when A-level results are published, those students who have chosen PPE as their firm or insurance choice and have met or exceeded the target, will be accepted. After this, depending on places available, we may be able to admit students who have averaged out to meet the requirements of their offer or who have fallen slightly below the requirements of their offer. Please do note that the GCSE Maths grade B is a course requirement and is not reduced in August."

I hope this helps with your decision making!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending