The Student Room Group

I can't find anyone better than my EX?!

Hey, my ex of 3 years broke up with me last summer. I was pretty distraught at the time but my friends and family got me through it and by October I felt like I was able to start dating again. I've been on about 25 dates since then and I can honestly say that no one stands out in comparison to my ex. Whether it be appearance, personality or sex, I just can't seem to find anyone who is better than her. Don't get me wrong I've seen some really nice girls and I could probably be in a relationship with them but in the back of my head I can't help but think I'd be happier with my ex. (Which isn't going to happen!)

Any advice? Has this ever happened to you?

(Anon as my ex uses this forum)
The memory of your ex is restricting you from the potential relationships you could be having.

I know this sounds harsh, but if you truly want to be able to move on, then get rid of anything that reminds you of her.

Write a letter to yourself expressing how YOU feel about the breakup, how you felt at the time.

I hope it works out for you, I know it sucks. You have to overcome this by all means.
just get huge biceps man
Reply 3
Original post by Proxenus
just get huge biceps man

I love the quality of this **** post over the well thought reply of candy kisses. Bravo 10/10
Original post by Chooseday
I love the quality of this **** post over the well thought reply of candy kisses. Bravo 10/10

pretty sure mine took more time to think about
Original post by Chooseday

:colondollar:

pretty sure mine took more time to think about

:unimpressed::unimpressed:
Well, you dated a while, and you haven't been broken up for a year yet...so it might just take time before your heart has totally healed from dating your ex. I'd recommend not staying in touch with her, or keeping her on FB as a friend, etc because that only prolongs the hurt. I learned that the hard way. Just keep doing things you like to do, dating for fun, hanging out with positive friends, and you will eventually get over her. It's okay to hold someone special in our hearts, but you won't always compare her to others, like you are now, I think that just means you aren't quite over her and the break up yet. Give it some more time. :smile:
just get huge biceps man

lol and this :wink:
That's a bummer. Alright, first you need to think that she was unlucky that she left a guy like you. Just focus on self improvement pal, your fitting match will come to you, it's a universal law. You will find better than her eventually. You will find something in someone that your Ex didn't posses and you will feel content with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending