The Student Room Group

Protostar's journey to amazing grades! (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Why don't you do them off the internet online that is what i do :smile:

I've tried that but they just don't feel 'real' enough for me I guess, so I prefer to have the printed copy. Also they're easier to do if they're right in front of you :tongue:
When I mark them I just use the mark scheme off the internet because that's easier to do, but I need a hard copy of the actual papers :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801
I've tried that but they just don't feel 'real' enough for me I guess, so I prefer to have the printed copy. Also they're easier to do if they're right in front of you :tongue:
When I mark them I just use the mark scheme off the internet because that's easier to do, but I need a hard copy of the actual papers :smile:

That's true :smile: What is your english exam board
That's true :smile: What is your english exam board

Edexcel, what's yours? :smile:
Edexcel, what's yours? :smile:

wjec :smile:
People revise for GCSEs?
wjec :smile:

Oh, is it hard? I quite like Edexcel as they're usually quite lenient with the mark schemes :smile:
Also, what books are you studying for your exams?
Original post by Bobjim12
People revise for GCSEs?

Yes? Do you have a problem with that?
Oh, is it hard? I quite like Edexcel as they're usually quite lenient with the mark schemes :smile:
Also, what books are you studying for your exams?

It's not difficult except poetry :smile: Of mice and men, Lord of the flies, view from the bridge , romeo and juliet you?
Arent you meant to revise
It's not difficult except poetry :smile: Of mice and men, Lord of the flies, view from the bridge , romeo and juliet you?
Arent you meant to revise

Yeah poetry is the hardest part for me too :tongue:
And we only have to do 2 books - Animal Farm and Of Mice and Men :smile:
23/03/2016 - Evening update

Today's been pretty good actually. We started a new topic in physics (Electric Circuits :biggrin:) which was really interesting and I'm enjoying, so that's good :smile:
In English (double) we were looking at more poetry comparison exam questions which were ok

The maths exam, annoyingly, we've sat before, which means that my grade won't be that accurate (according to the mark scheme I got around 98%)

Revision-wise I've done a lot today. Made notes on the entire of C1 and started some on C2 as well. I was meant to go to a revision session today after school for geography, but my teacher cancelled at the last minute which was quite annoying.

Got the long Easter weekend coming up which should be a really good opportunity to get in some good hours of revision to set me up for the holidays :smile:
Yes? Do you have a problem with that?

No.
Original post by Bobjim12
No.

Good :smile:

Today's been pretty good actually. We started a new topic in physics (Electric Circuits :biggrin:) which was really interesting and I'm enjoying, so that's good :smile:
In English (double) we were looking at more poetry comparison exam questions which were ok

The maths exam, annoyingly, we've sat before, which means that my grade won't be that accurate (according to the mark scheme I got around 98%)

Revision-wise I've done a lot today. Made notes on the entire of C1 and started some on C2 as well. I was meant to go to a revision session today after school for geography, but my teacher cancelled at the last minute which was quite annoying.

Got the long Easter weekend coming up which should be a really good opportunity to get in some good hours of revision to set me up for the holidays :smile:

Well done NIAMH AT LEAST YOU DID SOME :smile:

:smile: If you want you can do your updates on That is where me, zoe and this guy do it :smile:
so then we can all see how much we all do :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511&page=54&p=63646689#post63646689

It is your choice though
(edited 8 years ago)
26/03/2016 - Morning update

Delayed start in my revision today as I just couldn't drag myself out of bed at 8:30 :redface:

Yesterday I didn't do that much at all :frown:
I made some notes on C3 for chemistry (skipping C2 for now as we haven't actually learnt it in class yet) but I need to buy some more index cards and holders so I can make notes on the other 2 sciences as well seeing as chemistry's had all of my attention for about 3 days now :s-smilie:

Today I plan to:
-Go to wilkos and buy 3 packs of index cards and 2 holders, for science revision
-Start making cards on P1 for physics and B1 for biology
-Possibly start revising PE content, as there's so bloody much of it
-Organise my past papers so that I know which ones I have to print off next week
-If I have time, anything else I can think of

Time to crack on :biggrin:
26/03/2016 - Afternoon/Evening update

Ooh a second update in one day :tongue:

Today I have already:
-Been shopping (bought waaay more than I intended to oops :redface:)
-Typed up all of my notes for B1 in biology
-Wrote half of them on index cards (5/10 done, hope to get them finished today too)
-Organised my revision folder
-Stapled my past papers together so I can actually use them in the holidays :tongue:

I still plan to:
-Finish making my biology index cards
-Make a start on physics ones

Done quite a lot to say I only started at 2pm and it's 5 now :biggrin: (well a bit past)
I hope I can keep this up all weekend :smile:
27/03/2016 - Morning update

Yesterday I finished writing up my notes for B1, so now that's completely covered :smile:
I also typed up what to write on 8 index cards for P1

Today I'm meeting up with some friends and then I'm going to my grandmas, so I won't get much done today, but I still plan on doing a little bit.

Today I plan to:
-Finish typing up my P1 notes
-Start writing them onto index cards
-Make some notes on Marriage and the Family for RE
27/03/2016 - Evening update

As I expected, I barely got anything done today, however I did manage to:
-Write up 3 of them onto index cards, but my handwriting wouldn't go nice today so I stopped :tongue:

But...that's it.
It was nice to have a break from revision though, so there is that :smile:

Tomorrow I probably won't get much done either, but that's no problem. Just this week to get through before the holidays, woohoo! :biggrin:

Just 50 days to go!

-Write up 3 of them onto index cards, but my handwriting wouldn't go nice today so I stopped :tongue:

But...that's it.

Tomorrow I probably won't get much done either, but that's no problem. Just this week to get through before the holidays, woohoo! :biggrin:

Just 50 days to go!

Hey, don't know if you remember me but I just wanna say thanks so much for your advice! Im going through further maths much more easily now!!!
Anyway, good luck. Your grades will reflect your work ethic, so no doubt they'll be amazing :smile:

But...that's it.

Just 50 days to go!

Lol at least you did some things :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending