The Student Room Group

Giving it my best shot!

Scroll to see replies

Good luck.
Update #4

So today was the first day of school (yay...) I accomplished my goals today:

I've gained confidence in taking strange moments around weird points, and in M3 circular motion problems.

I managed to not botch up my Chemistry practical, maybe i'll be a half decent Chemist :tongue:

I made some pain au chocolate (not really a goal i set, but i was pretty proud with this)

2 M3 Past papers getting 74 and 73 respectively (i'm feeling pretty confident with all of mechanics M1-M3, now i need to start properly on M4 and M5. But that can be sorted once S3 and S4 are out of the way, i need a break)

Original post by 16Characters....
Good luck.

Belated reply, but thank you and i wish you the best of luck in STEP (i doubt you'll need it though :tongue:)
What have i done today?

Finish off M3, i can do any question they want (including STEP level stuff)

Finish my tutoring session of GCSE maths

re-write up my notes from my lessons today

Started my sixth form newspaper

1.5 FP2 PP, i only did questions on complex numbers and polar coordinates since they're tricky.

Goals for tomorrow

Book train tickets for a gig on Thursday

2 FP3 PP's

the step correspondence course

Cosmology questions and flashcards

Go running with a friend

Original post by Joshthemathmo
What have i done today?

1.5 FP2 PP, i only did questions on complex numbers and polar coordinates since they're tricky.

Goals for tomorrow

2 FP3 PP's

Go running with a friend

Christ...

@Zacken THIS is productivity goals :emo:
Reply 25
Original post by Student403
Christ...

"Finish off M3, i can do any question they want (including STEP level stuff)"

****ing hell, I'm a mathmo and I can't even do that... :emo:
Christ...

You're so fast at replying, it's mad :tongue:

But thanks dude
You're so fast at replying, it's mad :tongue:

But thanks dude

Idk I like this blog because all the stuff you do in a day gives me hope :rofl:
Idk I like this blog because all the stuff you do in a day gives me hope :rofl:

Thanks for saying you like it! I appreciate it :tongue:
I usually watch motivational videos or write down quotes to give me a jumpstart throughout the day. I used to watch that Shia Labeouf video before all my AS exams :rofl:
Original post by Zacken
"Finish off M3, i can do any question they want (including STEP level stuff)"

****ing hell, I'm a mathmo and I can't even do that... :emo:

Disclaimer, when i say any i mean that i've done 5 M3 STEP problems and i've managed to do them. I think i shot the gun saying that i can do any problem lol :tongue: (anyway i'm preferring the applied stuff to the pure atm)
(edited 8 years ago)
I usually watch motivational videos or write down quotes to give me a jumpstart throughout the day. I used to watch that Shia Labeouf before all my AS exams :rofl:

Disclaimer, when i say any i mean that i've done 5 M3 STEP problems and i've managed to do them. I think i shot the gun saying that i can do any problem lol :tongue: (anyway i'm preferring the applied stuff to the pure atm)

No way!! Shia is awesome xD
No way!! Shia is awesome xD

He's such a cool guy :biggrin:, i rofled for days when i saw the cannibal Shia video!!
He's such a cool guy :biggrin:, i rofled for days when i saw the cannibal Shia video!!

:rofl: and the Shia song :ahee:
I usually watch motivational videos or write down quotes to give me a jumpstart throughout the day. I used to watch that Shia Labeouf video before all my AS exams :rofl:

I think you should make a motivational video and upload it to youtube, that way you can share your motivation and all your goals.

speaking of which .. what are your goals for Thursday evening?
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
I think you should make a motivational video and upload it to youtube, that way you can share your motivation and all your goals.

speaking of which .. what are your goals for Thursday evening?

I'm not a fan of vlogging, but i could give it a shot. I'll run a practice trial on Friday!

To not die in the mosh at a gig quite frankly.
What have i done today?

Goals for tomorrow

2 FP3 PP's

Go running with a friend

Update

I did all of my goals which i set, but i feel a little unproductive since i was at work or with friends for ~9hours today. My goals for tomorrow are to carry on with FP3, focusing on conics and vectors!

But alas tomorrow evening i'll be at a gig in London, so no work will be accomplished. (well i could do some on the train)

P.S. the band is Modern Baseball fyi

I just did Q9 of STEP II 2004, it's a glorious question for those practicing moments! Actually all of the mechanics on this paper is very nice
(edited 8 years ago)
Update #
So today i did:

The June 2011 CHEM4 past paper, i managed to get 98/100 in the given time. I'm feeling pretty confident with unit 4 in Chemistry atm, i'm going to now move onto practicing unit 5 then i'll revisit unit later in March.

The June 2012 FP3 past paper (very easy paper, i should've done another) and got full raw in under an hour. I'm going to practice conics some more tomorrow.

Unit 5 Physics Cosmology questions and flashcards (ones on measuring distances and the equations)

Flashcards on Redox potentials (finished this module)

I'll upload pictures of my flashcards onto a google drive folder and attach the link to the first post!I did nothing yesterday evening, i have work tonight. So the bulk of my day is going to lessons with 2 hours of "frees". I might do some M5 vectors, actually i'll take it easy and do a unit 4 Physics PP.
How was the gig last night?

Also where do you work?
Hello! Great blog so far :smile:

Congratulations on your pain au chocolate I'm impressed you made them :h:
Also congrats on all your studying so far, and for being super organised!

I didn't even know there was an option to do additional further maths...
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
How was the gig last night?

Also where do you work?

Hey dude,

The gig from last night was awesome, and i'm very grateful for having survived it. As you would know!

I work at my local Co-operative food store, i typically stack shelves woo.
Original post by Tank Girl
Hello! Great blog so far :smile:

Congratulations on your pain au chocolate I'm impressed you made them :h:
Also congrats on all your studying so far, and for being super organised!

I didn't even know there was an option to do additional further maths...

Thanks for the encouragement, it's nice to have support for something you enjoy doing :h:

I'm not an avid baker, i bought some reduced ready made mixture from the Co-op. *cue dramatic music*
it was a shock to me too, it sounds like really pompous A level, so i don't usually say i do it lol
Hey dude,

The gig from last night was awesome, and i'm very grateful for having survived it. As you would know!

I work at my local Co-operative food store, i typically stack shelves woo.

Thanks for the encouragement, it's nice to have support for something you enjoy doing :h:

I'm not an avid baker, i bought some reduced ready made mixture from the Co-op. *cue dramatic music*
it was a shock to me too, it sounds like really pompous A level, so i don't usually say i do it lol

Be proud man!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending