Chemistry - 9

Business - 9

Religious Studies - 9

History - 9

Physics - 8

Biology - 8

English - 7,7

French - 6

I want to take Maths, Further Maths, Economics and English lit.

I'm a little bit concerned that my English is too low but I know I can do a lot better.

My French is also not great but I've been getting 9s in the recent assessments but I guess it's too late to make a difference at this point.

Do I actually have a decent chance at applying to very competitive schools, such a grammar school or am I just another fish in the ocean?

I have a bunch of extracurriculars and stuff but how much is that really worth when I want to do English Lit with a 7 where others will most certainly have 8s and 9s?

Would I be better off replacing English Lit for history for example to be more competitive or should I just give it my best shot and try and get a conditional offer.

Would really appreciate some advice, thanks guys.
Reply 1
yep these grades are pretty good, don't get to sad about english as I had 5s at the start and got 8s. I mean I don't know how you could look at these grades and think your simply 'a fish in the ocean', there're amazing and give you so much options when you apply to college and uni. It depends on whether you think you could handle the amount of content you're going to cover in history, and how much time left you have until your exams.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by rysua
yep these grades are pretty good, don't get to sad about english as I had 5s at the start and got 8s. I mean I don't know how you could look at these grades and think your simply 'a fish in the ocean', there're amazing and give you so much options when you apply to college and uni. It depends on whether you think you could handle the amount of content you're going to cover in history, and how much time left you have until your exams.

Thanks rysua, I think the content problem might be difficult but I'm willing to work through it.

Also, do you think it'd be worth applying to competitive sixth forms?

Quick Reply

Latest