The Student Room Group

Giving it my best shot!

Scroll to see replies

Friday 11th
I've finally finished the content of A-level Chemistry (officially that is),i need to retain this information especially all those colours of aqua ions. I'm going to use Anki so i can use my friends flashcards he made on them unit 5, as well as making some of my own.

I did a STEP question as well today. With some Matrices FP3 revision.

Tonight i'm going to be at the co-op until 9, so after that i'm not going to get much flashcard production going. So i'm going to start my work tomorrow, however i'm going to do some light reading on MO theory later before i go to sleep.

I've been dabbling in the art of procrastinating recently, and i really need to snap out of it. As i've completed the content of my A-levels and made a sufficient supply of flashcards i feel confident in my knowledge. So from i'm going to construct a past paper time table so that i'll complete a timed past paper for one subject every two days.

I'll post the timetable later. (i actually will do this)
Reply 61
Original post by Joshthemathmo
5/03/16

Hi guys, i've been slacking on updating this blog this week i should be doing better. So i've just got back from work, i'm really tired from my night out last night so i'm going to have to fight the urge to not sleep.
My goals for today are:

Complete and mark the unit 4 jan 13 Chemistry paper

Do the review exercises in the M3 book

I may write some flashcards, but i'm undoubtedly going to end up doing some form of maths today... I'll probably do some an AEA paper or something to warm up getting back into STEP.

Hey, I'm assuming you're doing AEA maths, and I'm thinking of doing it, like I'm down for the exam, but can pull out if i want to. I've just done a past paper and done awful in it, and I would love to do it though- have you got any tips? I've got limited time as I don't want it to take my attention away from my AS's, but similarly it's so hard. Do you recommend it? Do you know how respected it is? Did you struggle initially or is it just me?
I'm back baby.

I kinda forgot about this blog, so shame on me and whatever. Well my exams started last week, my science coursework was finished last month and I'm currently trying to relax and remain calm. Most of my revision was done in April for my exams, i feel really confident for my Chemistry exams. But i definitely need to lightly recap weak areas/stupid mistakes from past papers, the same goes for Physics.

I got my final mocks back for my subjects last week, they're as follows:
Physics,
Unit 4-75/80
Unit 5-71/80

Chemistry,
CHEM4-97/100
CHEM5-89/100

Maths and FM,
FP2-75/75
FP3-70/75
S2-73/75
M3-74/75
C4-75/75

In summary they went well, but i keep losing stupid darn marks which add up quickly, which is what happened in CHEM5.

Things that come to mind were the conditions for resonance: where driving frequency=natural frequency, with a maximum transfer of energy from the driver to the oscillator.

Which relates very closely to damping, where I need to discuss that there's an efficient transfer of energy from the oscillator which is being dissipated causing the amplitude to decrease and natural frequency of the oscillator to decrease. I remember that i need to relate energy transfers and think of the system as a whole.

I'm going to try out a new method of answering long questions. The idea is to brainstorm all the ideas first, write down the most obvious points first so I don't forget them and to dwell on the question.

My maths is pretty good at the moment, and I'm feeling confident. Well apart from STEP, but that's a sinking ship.

My last academic day of school is tomorrow, which is a bit surreal and is actually the end of an era. It was really strange coming to grips with how the past 7 years are nearly behind me and how I have to move on. To anyone and everyone who is leaving school I hope you had a wonderful time and have some fond memories you hold onto tightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very nice, except for CHEM5 obviously, that was a disgusting score, but overall very well done JoshTheMathMo!!! :smile:
I'm back baby.

I kinda forgot about this blog, so shame on me and whatever. Well my exams started last week, my science coursework was finished last month and I'm currently trying to relax and remain calm. Most of my revision was done in April for my exams, i feel really confident for my Chemistry exams. But i definitely need to lightly recap weak areas/stupid mistakes from past papers, the same goes for Physics.

Physics,
Unit 4-75/80
Unit 5-71/80

Chemistry,
CHEM4-97/100
CHEM5-89/100

Maths and FM,
FP2-75/75
FP3-70/75
S2-73/75
M3-74/75
C4-75/75

In summary they went well, but i keep losing stupid darn marks which add up quickly, which is what happened in CHEM5.

Things that come to mind were the conditions for resonance: where driving frequency=natural frequency, with a maximum transfer of energy from the driver to the oscillator.

Which relates very closely to damping, where I need to discuss that there's an efficient transfer of energy from the oscillator which is being dissipated causing the amplitude to decrease and natural frequency of the oscillator to decrease. I remember that i need to relate energy transfers and think of the system as a whole.

I'm going to try out a new method of answering long questions. The idea is to brainstorm all the ideas first, write down the most obvious points first so I don't forget them and to dwell on the question.

My maths is pretty good at the moment, and I'm feeling confident. Well apart from STEP, but that's a sinking ship.

My last academic day of school is tomorrow, which is a bit surreal and is actually the end of an era. It was really strange coming to grips with how the past 7 years are nearly behind me and how I have to move on. To anyone and everyone who is leaving school I hope you had a wonderful time and have some fond memories you hold onto tightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jeez that is some crazy UMS

Well done of finishing school! They make a much bigger deal of it in America :lol: But you graduated - congrats!
I'm back baby.

Physics,
Unit 4-75/80
Unit 5-71/80

Chemistry,
CHEM4-97/100
CHEM5-89/100

Maths and FM,
FP2-75/75
FP3-70/75
S2-73/75
M3-74/75
C4-75/75

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you think it went JoshTheMathMo?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending