The Student Room Group

Pokemon sun and moon announced!

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/25/pokemon-sun-and-moon-coming/

Nintendo have are trademarking the names "pokemon sun" and "pokemon moon" there's a nintendo direct tomorrow at 3pm

Who's hype? I know I am :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I want to see:

Fire/Fairy, Grass/Electric and Water/Bug starters
A single dad character.
A Dark-type Gym.
Region based on either Australia or Egypt.
Rival becoming a member of the criminal gang.
Your mom as the Champion character.
More unique Pokemon with previously unused type-combinations.
More player and character customization.
Advanced version/alternative of Amie, or similar feature.
Interesting type and designs for the flagship legends. Fire/Electric for Sun, Dark/Fairy for Moon.
Better character development.
Decision-based plot, so that the story and ending can be different based on your choices.
More differences between the Sun and Moon versions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Withengar
I want to see:
Fire/Fairy, Grass/Electric and Water/Bug starters
.• A single dad character
.• A Dark-type Gym.
Region based on either Australia or Egypt.
Rival becoming a member of the criminal gang.
Your mom as the Champion character.
More unique Pokemon with previously unused type-combinations.
More player and character customization.
Advanced version/alternative of Amie, or similar feature.
Interesting type and designs for the flagship legends. Fire/Electric for Sun, Dark/Fairy for Moon.
Better character development.
Decision-based plot, so that the story and ending can be different based on your choices.
More differences between the Sun and Moon versions.

Imagine if Sun had exclusive events that occurred in the day and Moon had exclusive events that occured in the night? It;s going to be really interesting to see what they do with this either way.

And yes! We definitely need a water/bug type, surskit just doesn't cut it :tongue:
Original post by eternaforest
Imagine if Sun had exclusive events that occurred in the day and Moon had exclusive events that occured in the night? It;s going to be really interesting to see what they do with this either way.

And yes! We definitely need a water/bug type, surskit just doesn't cut it :tongue:

I wouldn't want events based on time of the day exclusively, but that can be a part of a mechanic. Different events happening differently depending on the time of day.

I don't really count Surskit as a Bug/Water since it's so weak and doesn't stay that way. I need something fully-evolved and awesome.

Nintendo have are trademarking the names "pokemon sun" and "pokemon moon" there's a nintendo direct tomorrow at 3pm

SUPER hyped for the direct :biggrin:, hopefully we get a 7th gen or some people are predicting a gen 6.5 to extend the Kalos region.

I wonder from the title does this mean mega lunatone and solrock confirmed? :tongue:

EDIT: Also hoping for a fire/bug or ice/bug type; super offensive but super frail :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
I wouldn't want events based on time of the day exclusively, but that can be a part of a mechanic. Different events happening differently depending on the time of day.

I don't really count Surskit as a Bug/Water since it's so weak and doesn't stay that way. I need something fully-evolved and awesome.

I really didn't think they could make any more pokemon, they have to at least bring out 100+ if they do instead of like the 70 or so we got in kalos
Damn, this makes me want to pick up my 3DS again. Anyone want to Pokemon battle? I have Pokemon Y
I want a thin Snorlax. When you catch it you get the item "gastric band" which, when held by a pokemon, increases their health.
I really didn't think they could make any more pokemon, they have to at least bring out 100+ if they do instead of like the 70 or so we got in kalos

I really want them to make more of them, especially if the designs are good.

Dark/Electric
Dragon/Fighting
Fire/Ice

I'm so hyped.
I really want them to make more of them, especially if the designs are good.

Dark/Electric
Dragon/Fighting
Fire/Ice

I'm so hyped.

Bug/Dragon, poison/dragon but not like dragalge as well :biggrin:
bug/dragon, poison/dragon but not like dragalge as well :d

Defensive Poison/Steel with Levitate!

Just to be pedantic but they haven't actually made the announcement yet, they've announced that there will be an announcement, while at the same time trademarks for Sun and Moon have been found :ahee: These games are obviously the most likely thing to be released, but Nintendo have trademarked numerous game titles in the past that never materialised, so it's not 100!

But yeah, very excited. Between this and new Fire Emblem games I'm definitely returning to the 3DS! Personally I'm hoping for a more extensive gym challenge in the post game, at least 16 gyms like they did for GSC. Given that it's a big milestone (it's the 20th anniversary of pokemon being released this month), I would love to think they'd do something very special for it.
Friend code is 3754-7690-5563, if anyone has Pokemon Y or X and wants to battle.
I know it's not been confirmed lol, it just sounded better for the thread title :wink:
The nintendo direct looks promising, the 20th anniversary is the perfect time to announce something like this and to make it the biggest game in the series to date. 16 gyms would be epic, but whatever they do im sure the online connectivity will make up for any dislikes i have about the games :smile:
Sun and Moon always makes me thing of the tarot cards of the same name, lol.

I always had this feeling that X and Y were just testing the waters for the 3d transition so hopefully they push the proverbial boat out in this case.

Here i'll post some of my dreams for this game;
I was talking about this in reddit but I need a prankster quiver dance user.
More kawaii desu girls clearly
A plot that I couldn't totally predict (like you see Lysandre in the damm cafe where team flare meets up, and you don't get suspicious?)
Return of character customisation (as in, its here to stay)
I can say that there are certainly going to be new megas, but hopefully they aren't just op or silly
Good music (this sounds a bit iffy, but people praise Wally's battle theme so much when its one minute of hardly differing music)

Oh cool. So this is gonna be the Pokemon game of next year? There goes my hopes of another ranger one.
Original post by Kholmes1
Oh cool. So this is gonna be the Pokemon game of next year? There goes my hopes of another ranger one.

Probably the next major game in the series! maybe no Pokemon Z either :frown:
Want a dragonfly fossil Pokemon.
Original post by Dapperblook22
SUPER hyped for the direct :biggrin:, hopefully we get a 7th gen or some people are predicting a gen 6.5 to extend the Kalos region.

I wonder from the title does this mean mega lunatone and solrock confirmed? :tongue:

EDIT: Also hoping for a fire/bug or ice/bug type; super offensive but super frail :biggrin:

We sort of already got a offensive fire/bug. Excluding megas and legendaries, volcarona is 7th for sp atk.
(edited 8 years ago)

Cool.

Do you have your fc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
Cool.

Do you have your fc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1306-5196-5057 but i currently don't have my 3DS atm!

Quick Reply