The Student Room Group

Cambridge accomodation...

Hi all,

I am currently considering a graduate course at Cambridge. I would like to live in a college, to get some of the college experience, but also want to live with my partner.

Is this possible? What are the options?

Just to clarify - my partner will not be a Cambridge student. Also I don't mind about self catering - but wouldn't mind a catered meal either.

Thanks everyone
Reply 1
Original post by white_flock
Hi all,

I am currently considering a graduate course at Cambridge. I would like to live in a college, to get some of the college experience, but also want to live with my partner.

Just to clarify - my partner will not be a Cambridge student. Also I don't mind about self catering - but wouldn't mind a catered meal either.

Thanks everyone

Depends on the college, some have couples accommodation for postgrads.

This forum is mostly for UGs. You might do better in teh PG forum
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Specifically this thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3533661
Hi all,

Thanks everyone

All colleges have some accommodations for postgrad students with a partner, so having a partner itself is not a problem.
However, not all postgrads get a college accommodation with a partner or without because most colleges just don't have enough college accommodation for all postgrad students.
In general, most of college accommodation for postgrads are off-main site (though some of them are quite close to the main site) and self-catering facility is usually better than that of undergrad accommodation, but you can eat in a college buttery if you want to, too.

Except for clubs/societies' activities that's open for both undergrads and postgrads (most of them are), undergrads and postgrads don't really mingle each other much as social things are organised separately by JCR and MCR respectively (except for Christmas dinner/May Balls, perhaps) and academic lives are completely separate.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by vincrows
All colleges have some accommodations for postgrad students with a partner, so having a partner itself is not a problem.

Murray Edwards?
Hi all,

Thanks everyone

You're going to struggle, to be honest - getting couples accommodation is tricky, let alone actually on the college site. Churchill's probably your best bet, apparently they have the most on-site couples/families accommodation.

(my preference would be Queens' boathouse flats, fabulous location but a mile from college).
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending